What makes you loyal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure that I'll stay loyal to Land Rover but I do really like all their products from the Defender that I've seen around the world to the Evoque and new RR and RRS.

What may push me out of the brand is the lack of reliability and the atrocious service. It seems that some dealerships only hire parts changers (as someone else has called them - Umberto?) who aren't able to pinpoint what and where the problem is. Even less how to fix it.

Either way I love my LR4, I'll be happy to move on to a RRS V8 Supercharged when the time comes (took one offroad and it performs even better than the LR4 it seems - don't hate).

Axel

Last edited:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Besides all the "vaporware" tech, the real bit of good news in that article is the new range of scalable Ingenium engines coming real soon, developed and manufactured in-house. No more engine outsourcing is gonna be a good thing for the brand, and JLR has always designed outstanding power plants.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I watched a video yesterday about the self learning and in control.
Some of these features are totally creepy.
Who wants a car to learn your patterns???
Either way our freedom has gone. Phones track us, computer/ internet does too and few of us know it but our trucks already have something similar to a black box…
Before leaving MA I saw a mint FJ40 with 19,000 miles (original) and 4 speeds... I almost switched trucks. Feeling free and independent from computer supervision is what we should all strive for. (And yes I do maintain that I like the RRS V8 Supercharged).

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(And yes I do maintain that I like the RRS V8 Supercharged).

No individual who enjoys speed and symphony like noises should ever not love a RRS V8 Supercharged. Driving one for 3 days was the worst thing I could have done to myself.... :stupid:

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Non-LR owner opinion on 20 years of driving.

Short answer is nothing (yet).

Nothing makes me loyal because I've yet to force myself to buy from the same brand even though the vehicles I've owned so far have been great.
  • 1986 Toyota 4th gen pickup (232k when sold)
  • 2002 Honda Accord (104k when sold)
  • 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe (at 96k, giving away when I get the LR4)

None of these cars are luxury or competition beaters in any particular area. They are generic, extremely low cost to maintain, and other than the Toy (which was falling apart at that point) are/will be relieved of duty only because I wanted/needed something else.
If any of these brands had the vehicle I wanted at the time I wanted another vehicle I would've jumped on any of them in a heart beat.

Life's too short and we have too few cars in it to pigeonhole to a single brand.
As years go buy my wants and needs change, the brand I love one year may not have an option on the next go around that fits what I am looking for.

And that's how it works with me, I've driven these cars and have only great things to say about them, but that's not enough to say I must find another Toy/Honda/Hyundai as my next vehicle.

Even after I'm done with the LR4 who knows, I'll look for what I want, and whatever brand that is is where I'll point (I do hope it's LR again though because I'm drunk with the brand right now).

Caveats to my opinions:
  • Finances grow over the years enabling more options.
  • My next vehicles begin with researching at least 5 or more options and narrowing down, I don't find what I want immediately.
  • I reserve the right to change my opinions on this at any moment :)

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this is what I love about the lr4. It has the ability to personalize to any active individual. No one is required to use all the tech that is onboard but it's there when you need it. Half the time I don't even sync my phone to Bluetooth but it's there when I need it and it's just a click if a button to activate. Not everyone uses locking differentials but when it's needed it's there. I love the fact that you can manipulate every aspect of the vehicle and I think land rover screams freedom. It will get you places not many others will. And I don't know any other manufacture that has oem accessories that make it simple to create your own adventure in style, luxury, and mobility. Not even jeep (Chrysler). Once you own a modern rover, you fall in love.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome thread and good read!

Jeep and Land Rover owners feel the same way about there vehicles, seems nobody is listening. Appears they sell a lot more vehicles based on the past and current trend to appease the masses.

I guess that's why I own an 04 TJ and my 12 LR4 may stay put.

Last edited:

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this is what I love about the lr4. It has the ability to personalize to any active individual. No one is required to use all the tech that is onboard but it's there when you need it. Half the time I don't even sync my phone to Bluetooth but it's there when I need it and it's just a click if a button to activate. Not everyone uses locking differentials but when it's needed it's there. I love the fact that you can manipulate every aspect of the vehicle and I think land rover screams freedom. It will get you places not many others will. And I don't know any other manufacture that has oem accessories that make it simple to create your own adventure in style, luxury, and mobility. Not even jeep (Chrysler). Once you own a modern rover, you fall in love.

I would say this mostly covers why I love my LR4 and what makes me fall back in love when it leaves me stranded, ends up back at the shop and makes me drive that POS LR2 loaner while it is there (if you can't tell I really hate driving an LR2, no offense to anyone who owns one). Only issue is that I always have in the back of my mind is something going to break while I am in the middle of no where....

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say this mostly covers why I love my LR4 and what makes me fall back in love when it leaves me stranded, ends up back at the shop and makes me drive that POS LR2 loaner while it is there (if you can't tell I really hate driving an LR2, no offense to anyone who owns one). Only issue is that I always have in the back of my mind is something going to break while I am in the middle of no where....

:) I know the feeling. LR4 feels like a rolls royce after driving the LR2 loaner.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM