what to do what to do, 4runner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well that sounds like fun youtube browsing, I gotta spend my night writing my dissertation on quantitative easing :S I do check the forum every now and then just to distract myself.

hahahaha yes it looks like that whale now that you mention it!

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't been around long enough to have love for the swinging rear door. Always seemed like it would just get in the way to me.

I have to say I love SUVs with tailgates, though. You pack that back up full of luggage and gear, open the tailgate, and you have a nice clean place to sit or an ad-hoc work bench. It's awesome.

If I had a swinging gate I'm sure whichever way it swings would end up not working out in my garage, hill I was parked on, campsite I was in. etc. etc... Heck, with the tailgate you can close the top, keep the bottom open, and you have a convenient place to stand for roof access! LOVE IT! But you're old school and have great memories of your swinging door. I get that.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roverman, I have been in your shoes. I sold my LR3 a couple of years ago and bought something different. One thing to say. Don't do it!!! Either get an LR4 or stick with your LR3. I missed mine so much I just bought a used 2007 last week. Nothing else feels like it to drive. BTW, nice to see some of the original LR3 posters are still around. Good to be back.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome back duckdive! How long were you out?

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is sort of off-topic, but as we're talking about Toyotas and I'm not on any Toyota forums...

I saw this picture of these ****** on the news this morning and thought, "this is probably not the kind of press Toyota wants."
eiv8ds.jpg

That said, I have a friend of mine who was working on a drilling project in the middle of bumfuck Africa (long story), but when he came home to visit friends in the States he'd buy a few used 4runners and have them shipped overseas. They were cheaper to get here, and once in the desert they were reliable, easy to repair and I guess didn't cost that much if they had to leave it behind in a ditch.

Don't be a terrorist. Buy a Land Rover.
:bandit:

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I certainly don't want to be a terrorist...
Welcome back Duckdive!

New question: A guy knows a guy moving out of the country and selling an '07 RR. It has 20k fewer miles on it than mine, and I'd have to pay another $5000-$7000 over what I could get for mine. I thought about it, and I don't even think I'd do it on a straight up trade. Just don't like them as much. About the only thing I do like better is that it has a real sunroof. Oh, and the seats are probably better. So with the rules being that you couldn't profit from the deal, would you rather drive a FFRR or your LR3/4?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that's a tough question. I would LOVE to have a brand new FFRR (Supercharged at a minimum, Autobiography preferred). That's about the only thing I'd trade my LR3 for...and it would HAVE to be brand new. I bought the LR3 brand new, nearly 10 years ago. Spec'd it, saw it on the load manifest of the ship it came over on....took delivery of it. It was crazy. I am really really attached to it.

I only buy a car every 10 years or so. I like buying them new; stupid I know....but I like new cars like Sir Mix-a-Lot likes big butts.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About three years, bought a 1990 RR classic to wheel with. Great off roader but no where near as comfortable as the LR3.

My first was a '91 Classic, Great Divide, Hunter Green. I don't miss a lot of cars, but I miss that one.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey ducky...how would you compare the RRC and LR3 in terms of off-road capability?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9