Whats on your LR?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
39 psi seems a bit much. I think the door jamb sticker says somewhere like 26 psi or so, granted in the stock size tires. Do you carry heavy loads Melissa?

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping that's a typo, and she meant 29psi....

D

discomike

Melissa,
You might want to go a little lighter in the front, more like 30ish. This will take out a little of the thud factor.
Mike J.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
No they have 39 PSI right now. I just checked again. The tire itself says MAX 44PSI. That door jam thingy says 26 Front (cold) and Rear 36PSI (cold) @ least on mine it does. The owners manual says something like 26PSI/34PSI . But when I let them down that low they bow out a bit. Ummmm ??? Sh** :stupid:

I was going to write up an article but this post just shot down all of my validity... :bootyshak

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Melissa, write article :)

as of psi- you overinflating them pretty badly. make it 30-32 front, and 32-34 in rear and enjoy ride.. Well be more comfy and far less damaging if you hit curb again.

Most of tyre dealers will recommend around 30-35 psi inflation for major section of SUV tires.

D

discomike

Trust me on this, I run 30 #'s in the front and 35#'s in the rear, yes the tires bow out a little but the wear is good, the ride is better and just try it.
Hey another good reason for lower pressure is they bounce of of curbs easier.
Mike J.

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With that small of a difference in pressure (say from 39psi to 35psi), will there be any noticeable difference in mileage or wear?

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Troy - do not forget that air tends to expand when heats up. Hence it matters how much air you got in there . Also - especially on small tires - few psi can be difference between wear pattern.

Plus at 39psi cold, you running damn close to 44psi when its heating up. A while ago one of me neighbours had his tyre popping on him at parking spot (right next to me door) - been parked in houston's sunny summer and pressed against stopping curb...

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I will have to agree with Melissa on this one....I have been running 40PSI in all 4 of my A/T Revo's on my Disco since I bought them new a little over a year ago, and with 30k miles on them they are wearing very even and still look good. Ride is not bad either considering the vehicle I drive. If I want a comfy drive I get behind the wheel of my '92 Buick Roadmaster, if I want to go any where I drive the Rover....

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM