Whats on your LR?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Finally, someone comes to my defense :shakehand . And no I did not pay Joey to say any of the aforementioned. But when I called my friend Jason (I needed a reason to call him anyway ~ If you know what I mean) he told me to go based off the tire itself. Which on mine as well as Joey's (The A/T Revo by Bridgestone) says roughly about 38-40 PSI, which in turn will allow for the expansion of air as Sergei pointed out. Nonetheless, I have deflated the front to about 35 PSI however the rear shall remain @ 39 PSI. Or until I have a blow out... :bawling: :burnout:

LRWheelman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone! I've had really good luck W/Hankook Dynamic MT 10 ply rated @ 80 psi but use 38-40 psi hiway & 15-25 on soft surface. Rotate @ 5k, last about 40000 flat free miles! They are less expensive & kind of noisy as they wear down.

Muddyone

Land Rover Sales Consultant
Reaction score
Ok so after reading more reviews the Bridgestones are looking good, Tire Rack actually rated them the best out of 24 tires that they sell. Mike what do you have on your disco? Umm this may sound dumb but how do I know what’s a good size?
Where can I get some cheap rims to put them on, guess ill need new lugs now. :frown:
If you go to this site http://www.discountpartcenter.com/ you can look up what tire you have now and what you want to replace it with, also tells whether your speedo is accurate :albertein
So it looks like 255/65/16 is perfect comparable to the 18’s but it doesn’t look like they make it. 235/70/16 fits well too a little skinnier but maybe that will cut through the snow better right, and they make it, so now to decide to go for a fatter tire or not? Anyone have rubbing problems with the higher profile tires? :help:

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tyres/tires

Muddyone, on the Disco that runs 98% on the road i installed Mitchlen LTX/MS
tires, at 35,000 miles i have 40% tread left. They don't make noise on the road, no cupping, predictable in the rain, can slide em on the dry and they wear like nails. They will load up in the mud and snow.They took very little in wheel weights to balance, quality control again. Over the years with many brands that are cheaper, i'll buy Mitchlen only. My $.02. Carl........o&o>......

markthecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think I would run tire pressure that high. The PSI on the tire is relative to a standard size truck. ie truck weight plays a big role. Land rovers tend to be much heavier than your standard mid sized SUV thereby increasing the pressure on the tire via the trucks weight. I would go with what's written in the manual, a tire needs to maintain a good degree of flexibility.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM