What's the worst that can happen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also agree that the BFG is a good fit for the stock suspension. I run the rod mod but not because I have to. Now if only enough of us could solicit BFG to make a M/T in that same size!!!

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also agree that the BFG is a good fit for the stock suspension. I run the rod mod but not because I have to. Now if only enough of us could solicit BFG to make a M/T in that same size!!!

Yes, and skinny so it'd clear the upper a-arm knuckle!

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have harassed them a couple of times about this. They don't have anything in the works
last time I checked.

Last edited:

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someday maybe we will get lucky.....Maybe I'll be able to get a set of steel wheels too!!

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the ones on lucky8 not steel. Didn't look into it. Just noticed they carrier some 18" sizes.

tomasesto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bfg Ko 265/65/18

The BFG are a bit more than 31.5, about 31.7 off the showroom floor. I use them because few other tires offer equal sidwall protection for our sharp rock SoCal terrain. After a few street miles they have very little rub at the bumps.

Trynian, Its definitely time for new tires as my Zeons are cracking on the shoulder lug areas and I want more aggressive tires that work better in muddy or loose terrain. Last I saw your rig you were using the BFGs and were pretty happy thus far. Have you any alternatives that would compare or are more aggressive that DO NOT require rod lifts or a faultmate cuz I cant yet afford both. I am thinking to get some rods soon for those times where it seems a bit extra could help. I need to find new shoes pretty quickly as Im experiencing some slow air leakage as I am writing this. Thanks for any and all suggestions for best values in the local area.

Tomas

Brownsurccapt

Reaction score
I am shopping a set of Nitto 285/60R18's for my (new to me) LR3. I know I probably don't need the rods, but I want them!:biggrin: Can Someone PM me the website info for the adjustable ones. Big thanks!

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A bigger question is why you'd want the NITTOs...?

Brownsurccapt

Reaction score
A bigger question is why you'd want the NITTOs...?

Very useful reply. :tongue: Why Wouldn't I want them? I have quite literally read every LR3 Tire thread on about 5 different LR Forums since I got my LR3, (Last Tues) and came to the conclusion that these would fit my lifestyle and what I plan to do. Now if you have a more helpful insight on a better set of tires I'm all ears. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635