What's the worst that can happen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great thread everyone. I as well as a couple other who just picked up their rig are watching this thread!

Since I'm in Seattle - wet/dirt/stump land. I'm trying to get the closest to an M/T as possible but it doesn't seem doable in a size that won't rub at bump stops.

So.... Get a 32" M/T that rub on fault, or get a 265/65 that won't rub that much but won't be good offroad.......

Maybe I should just get a RRC and forget about the LR3 offroad :p

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Brown-whatever: yeah I was being a smart-ass, but the last time I saw an LR3 sitting on Nittos off-road, it was struggling and the tread blocks were all gummed up. If you are in an area where the terrain is mostly dry then sure, get 'em. If you are going to be in mud, they are not the best choice.

...is that better?

Mack...you're a Seattle guy? Send me a PM if you want to get that thing dirty.

Brownsurccapt

Reaction score
Houm,
See wasn't that easy?! Thanks for the insight, I would assume the coopers would be about the same seeing the tread patter is very similar? But at the same time I really don't forsee a lot of mud. Mostly Rocks, sand, and packed earth. And at works a slight bit of mud.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah yeah...no worries. Glad we could have a little forum-fun.

I ran the Coopers for about a year. I can't say whether they are any better or worse in mud, really. I think that they are a good all-terrain tire but you're right their tread depth is not that substantial and they don't self-clean as well as a mud tire. That said, I've seen them do pretty well on a P38 that runs in our local Rover club. They do okay. They struggle a bit in deeper snow.

By the description of the terrain, you're prolly good either way.

Brownsurccapt

Reaction score
Sweet, I will probably go with the Nitto's then, the tire place in Wilmington will get them for me Mounted, balanced, and lifetime rotation for $815.00 right now.
Slow steady squeeze, clear front sight, fuzzy target.....BANG! :thrasher:

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mack...you're a Seattle guy? Send me a PM if you want to get that thing dirty.

Yup in Seattle proper, but parents live down the street from Land Rover Seattle.

I'll be in touch once I get this rig fitted up. What club do you go out with?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo