Where to buy headlight bulb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Acuwar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
headlight bulb?

How do people like the silver stars HIDs? How long do they last for you? Any complaints?
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well gee, lets think, how about the auto parts store!!!!!

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They aren't true HIDs but may give you a better look and feel. My hunch is that they won't last as long as the stock lamps but I have no data to back that up. ...just past experience but on a different vehicle.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Philips D2S off eBay perhaps?

About three years back, I bought a pair of used 4300K colour Philips D2S bulbs off eBay. They were removed from a BMW as the seller wanted his headlights to display a blue colour for show purposes rather than the stock 4300K white colour.

Shortly after I received the two used bulbs for my stock, I had to install one of them.

One of the existing Philips D2S bulbs literally blew up inside the reflector at about year five of use. Upon removal of the headlamp assembly, I had to shake the glass bits out prior to installing the replacement Xenon HID.

The original bulb on the other side is still OK as is my used replacement. Both lamps are in constant use daily as we have full time Daytime Running Lights here in Canada and dipped low beam is the DRL. In other words, Sylvania, I do not know about, but the Philips seems OK.

The link below is to a file I have on the Philips D2S bulb.

http://www.**************/gallery/displayimage.php?album=3801&pos=1

Replace the **** with disco3 co uk and insert a period in each of the two spaces.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM