Where's the leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GSMblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe the new one is bad? change it again? Have you checked all the lines and connections to make sure they are not bleeding?

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe the new one is bad? change it again? Have you checked all the lines and connections to make sure they are not bleeding?

No way the new air valve is bad AND the new compressor was bad and now the indy says it is one of the new air struts (less than 6k miles on them). Those would be literally all of the components of the front axle, impossible to buy so many lemons independently.

I have not personally but my indy says he did, dealer said he did too and they did not find leaky lines...

a quick update as a matter of fact, I left it today at the stealership for a quick oil change and for them to check and to fix once and for all the ******* I N G suspension, I have not had a break for more than a year now!! I'm on the third compressor now. I will literally junk the bloody LR3 there until they fix it

I am at the point where I wish I'd bought a Toyota instead.

Last edited:

johnsoax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does your exhaust valve look like, and did you do anything with the center valve block?

Mine sinks all the time, usually if not driven in a few days, it will be on the bump stops. It always has in the 3+ years I have had it. It always comes right back up.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my exhaust vavlve? I haven't checked it tbh.

My front axle lowers noticeably within 2 hours with the front left strut going quite low in less than 3 hours. overnight the front lowers almost to the bumpstops. I'll call the stealership later today and hear what they have to say...

johnsoax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine that there is anything wrong with your struts... Either some valves are leaking by, or something else is going on.

I had an issue a while ago where a wire broke to the front valve block and it gave me a "sensor error" because the height sensor didn't change when it expected it to. What actually happened was one of the control wires to open the valve to the front passenger strut and it wasn't being activated. I found this out after changing the front valve block. I ended up running a new wire and splicing it into the harness.

johnsoax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have mentioned removing fuses, but have you just unhooked the battery to see what happens?

I remember reading something like this in the past and the issue was the exhaust valve wasn't sealing. No clue if that is your issue, but should be worth a look.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no I have not disconnected the battery,the lr3 is at the stealership right now, I'm waiting for them to give a diagnose.

where's the exhaust valve on the AMK? I knew the hitachi one but I have no idea with this new one. As mentioned earlier this compressor is absolutely new, (the first AMK was a lemon apparently) I think the valve should work fine but anyhow, let's wait and see...

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stealership called today, they said it was the compressor hahahaha no F UCK ING way I'm falling for that again, that'll be the 3rd compressor in less than 2 months. Absolutely hopeless I will probably junk it and get a jeep or a toyota as mechanics down here are nothnig but ignorant **** that cannot fix a thing

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, it's been a rather persistent issue... about 16 months now struggling with suspension problems, either an air strut or the compressor or a valve or what have you...

I haven't had an issue since friday but the 3 still lowers its front axle overnight. Dealer literally did nothing, he reprogrammed the software (or so he said) and told me my new compressor is fuc ked up... no way! it works properly and raises the car in no time. this is a physical leak screw the dealer and his rubbish, the indy is not accurate at all either

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72