Where's the leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright so I finally spotted a constant error, if I lower the suspension into access mode the top of the front left tyre flashes red on the screen, this does NOT happen at normal height or off road height. This is the same air strut that was replaced less than 6k miles ago, it also lowers overnight even with the fuses disconnected.

Also, it threw a random error today, I was driving when the suspension light turned red warned me about 30 mph max speed and lowered to the bumpstops, I turned it off and on and the error was gone... hasn't repeated yet.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When was the last time you had a full EAS calibration? The red fault and 30 mph warning and lowering sounds like a cross-articulation fault.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When was the last time you had a full EAS calibration? The red fault and 30 mph warning and lowering sounds like a cross-articulation fault.

I think you are spot on Houm...
I replaced the front valve block about 3 weeks ago, So I'd expect the indy to have done the calibration back then, nevertheless and given the mediocrity that rules the mechanics in this country, I cannot be sure.

However today after lunch when turning on the car I saw this on the 4x4 screen (note the front left missaligned) and it immediately threw a suspension fault, I turned it off and on and I lowered directly into access mode, then to normal height again and the fault cleared and the wheel aligned. This however would not explain the lowering with the fuse disconnected would it?

Attachments

• IMG_2705.jpg
    IMG_2705.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 25

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I suppose it wouldn't. If you're going to keep this vehicle just get yourself an IIDTool already. We could be doing such a better job troubleshooting if you had one. At this point we are shooting in the dark.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will, I just rather spend those $500 fixing this issue...
I will replace the air strut under warranty as clearly the main cause is a physical leak between the air valve and the strut, I mean we can discard the sensor and the 2 week old valve, so it is either a connection, the air line or the air strut.

Also I will file a complaint with Land Rover Mexico. It is obviously not a compressor issue and the head mechanic plotted with the service adviser and tried to sell me a new compressor despite the current one being 4 weeks old. Absolute ****, besides he gave me a boring rubbish speech about how if one uses a computer that is not the official Land Rover dealership's then the ECU gets all scrwd up. What a load of ********

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you replaced a sensor, who did the re-calibration for you? If it's an indie, I'd be suspect. also, the $500 spent on an IIDTool will pay for itself in no time.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you replaced a sensor, who did the re-calibration for you? If it's an indie, I'd be suspect. also, the $500 spent on an IIDTool will pay for itself in no time.

No, the sensor was not replaced, the valve was replaced. I am not sure if the indy recalibrated it. Anyhow I'll check it myself over the weekend and if I cannot find the leak I'll order the replacement air strut, shall it leak again I'll make my indy pay for the airline which is the only other possible part leaking.

Btw has anyone got the part number for the air line that goes from the valve to the front left strut?

GSMblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are you getting along with resolving this issue??

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are you getting along with resolving this issue??

I was abroad on vacations...
I received the new air strut this Monday and I left the lr3 at the indy today, should hear back from him tomorrow or Monday at the latest, I am bullish now and believe that was the main issue. Looking at the 4x4 screen after some driving the f left wheel would be lower and eventually throw in the fault, to clear it I had to turn the vehicle on with the door open, otherwise the compressor wouldn't start.

GSMblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fingers crossed that resolves it for you, it would make for a Happy New year, right!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72