Who has slept in their LR3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i havent "slept" back there but theres surely enough room for 2 adults to manuever around back there...... bow chicka wow wow

Gly986

Reaction score
I have!

In 2010 I drove up through Scandinavia in an attempt to get to the Nordkapp. Unfortunately, the weather prevented me from getting further North than Alta, but this link will show you my sleeping arrangements.
www.scillonian.com/Holiday2010.htm

LRsleeping_4.jpg

Last edited:

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is more comfortable than what I expected, just open the moon-roof for ventilation, and don't forget to close the net to keep bugs out

Attachments

• B06quaoIYAAonjK.jpg
    B06quaoIYAAonjK.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 75

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do a couple times a year when exploring with friends ...Its way more comfortable and easier than a tent. I created a couple screens for the back windows. A roll of screen door material, roll of magnet strip, and some hot glue:

20140520_203226.jpg

My back windows are also additionally tinted. If you want to sleep in, you might want to put a tarp over the truck and use some bungee cords to secure it.

Codename Duchess

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've slept back there, and done other.... things as well.

Lots of room, just fold the seats down and you're all set.

Silmarillion

Reaction score
Speaking of sleeping in, a sleeping mask changed my life! I wish someone had given one of these to me when I was 13. It's like having blackout curtains on your face! Unfortunately, they don't make a camo/manly patterned one.

https://bonanotti.com/shop/morocco-blue-sleep-mask/

I do a couple times a year when exploring with friends ...Its way more comfortable and easier than a tent. I created a couple screens for the back windows. A roll of screen door material, roll of magnet strip, and some hot glue:

20140520_203226.jpg

My back windows are also additionally tinted. If you want to sleep in, you might want to put a tarp over the truck and use some bungee cords to secure it.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm lazy and I don't want to take out the car seats and blow up an airbed, so who here is over six feet tall and can tell me how much headroom is left over if you sleep in the back of the LR3?

What exactly do you mean by "take out car seats" ? They don't have to be taken out if they fold in to the floor. Do you have one of the models without 3rd row where the 2nd row seats are split into 2 sections requiring the seat bottom to actually flip up and forward, thus reducing floor length space ?

Your comment is confusing to most anyone in the North American market where almost all lr3 fold down flush into the floor providing an uninterrupted flat space to sleep.

I find it best to use the passenger side of the vehicle for a sleeping section on top of a sort of platform made by bins with 2-3 types of layered camping pads. Closed cell foam at the bottom, 3" air/foam middle, closed cell top. Then sleeping bag or whatever you'd use in a tent. This will allow most people to sit upright with feet on the adjacent floor space and you can really stretch out by moving the passenger seat forward.

The bins I use are roughly 14-16" tall. Ideally one might have solid cases which won't deflect on top and also have them secured to the floor either by straps or bolts into the bottom to a fabricated mount system underneath.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jwest, he probably means child seats.

What I do (I still have two of them in there) is just take one of them out, put it upside down on the other one, and then I fold down 2/3s of the middle row. Plenty of room.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72