Who's running Cooper STT's???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i've been getting mixed info from various people regarding the possibility of running the Cooper STT's 275/65 R18 on a LR3.

I just got a set of Five Spokes off of craigslist, hopefully soon to be powdercoated :proud:, that well need a good set of rubber to go with them.

I've been drooling over the idea of getting the STT's, but fear it may cause horrendous rubbing. I'm definitely willing to do the rod mod in order to run these guys.

Anyway...

The question is who is running STT's on their rig, and how's it going?

Pics are great help too:biggrin:

Thanks

OffRoving

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've tried them several times on the Sport and LR3. On both, I've had a software lift of 1" in the front, 1.5" in the rear. On both vehicles, despite the lift there was rubbing all the time in normal ride height [crossing intersections even].

Here are some pictures:

Off Road Height

Normal Ride Height

Access Height

LR3

I can't exactly say where they rubbed in the front, but definitely in the rear wheel well forward of the tire.

I love those darn tires, still have them unmounted. They make the truck look tough!

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you bump up to the 2" lift you should be ok. You may get a smig of rubbing in the rear.
If you need a set of shortened rods to do this let me know. I know alot of guys are going to that size in GY MT variations. They seem to like them alot. I would go with the STT I like it better, the ST is nice as well but less agressive and better in the winter.
WE an even do 2.5" if you want.

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Adam... since your tires are unmounted... would you be willing to part with them? Shipping may be an issue, since i think we're on completely different sides of the country, just a thought.

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DR. How much is a set of your rods?

Could you PM me a pic of them, or post one on this thread? Whatever is easier

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there are some pics of my old style in my photo gallery the new ones are cleaner
They are 160.00 shipped to your door

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You run your rods on your truck correct?

Had any problems so far?

Hopefully no faults, or any broken rods

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How often do you run the mod?

All the time or, just when you're hitting the trail?

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DrZ does good work and his delivery is prompt. The price is great too. I run 275/65R18 Goodyear MT/Rs and the rod-mod that I got from DrZ. I was out on a trail today and it got nasty. 3 rigs needed the strap, one of which was in deep doo-doo. I used to think the SoCal guys had all the fun...but DAMN we found a good trail today! Anyway, getting to my point....no rubbing at all today; and the MT/Rs kicked ass. The LR3 kicked ass. I love that rig!

For all the guys having issues, I feel your pain, but get the rig off the pavement, feel its power, and these issues will just be stuff you don't mind dealing with.

Sorry, didn't mean to get off on a tangent, I'm just still on a bit of a high after the run.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Eric. I apperciate it.
I have not had any issues with the rods. I run my when I hit the trail but have had them on for up to 3-4months straight. I reccomend an allignment if you are going to run it 24 7

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635