Will maf sensor shut off D2 at highway speed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

sledmaker

Although you are probably correct, I am slightly hopeful that there is a problem with a relay or wiring going TO the ECU, although I don't have any info supporting that right now, since I am away from home, and without any reference materials. I am hoping this, because it would be a lot less expensive to fix, and possibly easier to diagnose. Have there been any instances of either of these things that you know of? Also, where is the ECU located?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
ECU IIRC I don't have my manual with me right now... is behind the glovebox area. I do know that the seals where the plug connects to the ECU can leak... this may cause some corrosion issues, but I thought this was only and issue on the D1...

wolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would place my bet with Joey's ; if there are no codes and serious voodoo is going on its time to have the brain box looked at.

S

sledmaker

Is there a test for the box? The dealer has not been able to find this root of this problem. If power to the box were interrupted, would the engine shut down without generating a code? I guess I don't want it to be the box ($$), but then again, since the truck had the problem while in the warranty period, maybe Land Rover will extend some "Good Will". What are my chances?

sandman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seen it before, crank signal shorted out at the ecu but it was the connector.

try heating it up to the point of stall and wiggle the wiring to the ecu.

it it doesnt fail, check the ground strap at the back of the engine.

that could be loose.

SnowmanJon

Reaction score
Haha....a frind of mine no another board and said someone over here was having the same problems....I have a 99D2 103k it's been doing the same thing....cept..it's been dry here in WV for a while and in the past 3 days we have had alot of rain....mne does almost the same thing....

JON

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Jon... side item... where in WV are you?

SnowmanJon

Reaction score
I sent you a PM joey

I''m going to make another post for my problem since it has slightly different symptoms.

but I do have alot of the same problems

JON

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635