Windshield Replacement with Infrared screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the third windshield replacement I will need in 3 years. I always go to safelite to replace them since they do a good job and take my insurance. I noticed on some Range Rover Sport and Range Rover windshields come with a purple tint due to the infrared laminate. Has anyone been able to find one or had theirs replaced with one for the LR4?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 windshields in 3 years, wow. Land Rover started installing that glass on MY16s RR and RRS only I believe, not on the LR4. There may not be such an animal available out there for you to buy. Anyway, I am on a Range Rover forum and quite a few owners seem unimpressed with the infrared glass, it may help with the sun a little but that laminate also wreaks havoc with portable GPS, radar detectors...

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I know I've seen them on 2013 Range Rover. Not sure about the sport.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3... Anyway, I am on a Range Rover forum and quite a few owners seem unimpressed with the infrared glass, it may help with the sun a little but that laminate also wreaks havoc with portable GPS, radar detectors...

Yea, I had my windows tinted with a high quality film called V-Cool.

http://v-kool-usa.com/auto/

They have some great reviews and they guy in the shop claimed it can block certain RF signals, which I kind of scoffed at. Needless to say, about 90% of the time my cell phone's GPS (Samsung S6 Edge with Google Maps) will drop or lose signal entirely. I occasionally have to pop the sunroof or driver window open and hang the phone outside to reacquire and reorient myself.

Very annoying! But hey, the tint is amazing in the 120F summer!

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wiring grid in the (Climate Comfort Pkg)heated windshield definitely messes with GPS (Iphone) as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9