Wiper Blades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently have the Bosch Icon blades on and have run them for some time now. To be honest I've never been completely happy with them.

They have never been completely quiet and the performance is alright.... not great. The "slap" has gotten progressively worse since I put them on and now it is time to replace.

I went back to OEM on my wife's Jetta recently and they are awesome... quiet and clear the windshield nicely.

What are your experiences in brands/models for the Lr3 and Lr4?

RoverGuy7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the Valeo Ultimate 900. They work very well, and seem to hold up decently well over time, with normal use I see about a year from them before they start to streak at all.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also use Valeo Ultimate 900.i have been using them since 2008 or 9.Tire rack use to have a very good deal, buy one get one free, but not anymore ,so I purchased them thru amazon.I once gave up on them and wanted to try Genuine ones , so I shelled out for a new set from a local dealer.They did not last 6 to 8 months and one of the blades completely disintegrated .After replacing a windshield, this past spring, I went for a new Bosch, that you have , but find out them being too tight and jumping.Went back to Valeo immediately and all was well.Actually I just ordered another pair on Amazon two days a go, as I change blades usually after 6 months of use anyway and keep the old ones as a spares in the trunk just in case something unexpected happens.just remambered that I also tried Silblades, with no luck as they where chattering horribly.

Last edited:

GSMblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the thing I hate most about my LR3! I have tried Bosh, RainX and now on Silblades. I just cannot get a good, consistent contact between the blade and the glass on the drivers side.

I have tried a few deep cleaning products and it is getting better, I think all that LAX pollution built up on the windshield before I bought the car and now I have to spend a bunch of time scrubbing it off! grrrrr.

RoverGuy7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just cannot get a good, consistent contact between the blade and the glass on the drivers side.

Give the Valeo a shot, if you still have issues, I have seen the wiper arm itself create both too much and too little tension on the glass, which will cause noise and somewhat poor clearing from the blades.

GSMblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the next renewal window I will :)

I installed new wiper arms last month.... made a small improvement.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried the Silblades from Atlantic British and they chattered across the glass. Michelin wiper blades from Auto Zone screeched constantly. Now using some Trico blades that work really well. I will try the Valeos next, thanks for the info.

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the Valeo's!

I've never looked at them and therefore probably never would have tried them. I'll be shopping around and order in the next couple of days. Wipers are incredibly frustrating if they're noisy and don't do their job... every swipe across it makes you want to scream:argh:

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Bosch Icons now and they do the slap thing to...that clunk at the end of the range. Never had a problem with contact/streaking/chattering though.

GSMblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I had icons on my old expedition they were great, but on the LR3 I get bad contact - right in the drivers line of sight - and that horrible clunk!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99