wipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

gillboy

I have a Disco 2 2001. My wipers go on, but get stuck in the upright position. I can move them down by hand, and the motor is attempting to move the arms, but they freeze in place every time. The nuts that connect the arms are on tightly, and I am baffled. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

B

bendrover

My 97 Disco is kind of having similar problems. Except very intermittant. Joey tells me it's probably the motor starting to go. It will probably need to be replaced...try car-parts.com.
Andrew

G

gillboy

found the problem!

Wipers were not working. I read the manual and took apart the area to get to the wiper motor to replace it. What I found was a perfectly operating motor that had become dislodged from the engine frame. The screws had loosened up, and were sitting in the reservior tray. I repositioned the motor and remounted, so far it is working fine. I did buy a used motor for a replacement, so if anyone needs one, let me know!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635