1200 RPM Hum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turismo Kid

Reaction score
This forum is amazing. I'm a couple of months into owning my first Land Rover but I feel like a pro because even obscure low RPM rattles can be identified here by this super knowledgeable community, even including the TSB.

I popped my heat shield off today and sure enough one of the "legs" that hold the heat shield bracket on was sheared completely off. I've got a new one coming. Can wait for a quieter exit from my driveway each day.

Thanks everyone!

BeemerNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a reason why the heat shield "legs" can't be bolted together again as well reinforced, made better than original? Another result of a part touched by the"Bean Counters"......~~=o&o>.......

Last edited:

Turismo Kid

Reaction score
I'd love to figure out how to better reinforce the weak spot. It's easy enough to fix but it's still money I'd rather save to spend on something else. Maybe some JB Weld Ultra Heat Repair Wrap, not necessarily to fix it, but maybe to strengthen those parts. I really have no experience with that stuff just a thought.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV