14-16 LR4s for sale with HD package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you absolutely in for 14-16? There are some 13 (everything is fixed in 13 (lol)) with low mileage that you can snipe out there most likely. Then you'll have a proper gear shifter too.

davfoto

Reaction score
I'm looking for reasonably low mileage and I want some comforts I don't have in my X5. I also like the fact that the engine is tunable and VAP has the ability to pull about another 40-70hp out of it. I also like the LED DRLS. I know their aren't a ton of differences between the LCI version and the 10-13s but I feel I can find a good deal on a 14-16 and get an extended warranty for it and be ok mileage wise. I plan to do about a trip a year with it offroad (Dalton hwy, Dempster, Trans Canadian, Pan American, high alpine passes in Colorado etc..) but I won't probably put more than 20k a year on it. So I think i'd be better off getting low mileage than a high mileage v8.

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Makes sense...there are some 2013s hiding out there with sub 30k miles on them (just found a HSE LUX with under 20k) and the dealer will sell you the extended warranty. Be aware that the 15 and 16 will still have original warranty on them. If you're on the 14+ stuff though you're already set... :) Good luck on the hunt!

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for reasonably low mileage and I want some comforts I don't have in my X5. I also like the fact that the engine is tunable and VAP has the ability to pull about another 40-70hp out of it. I also like the LED DRLS. I know their aren't a ton of differences between the LCI version and the 10-13s but I feel I can find a good deal on a 14-16 and get an extended warranty for it and be ok mileage wise. I plan to do about a trip a year with it offroad (Dalton hwy, Dempster, Trans Canadian, Pan American, high alpine passes in Colorado etc..) but I won't probably put more than 20k a year on it. So I think i'd be better off getting low mileage than a high mileage v8.

You don't need a 4WD for any of those. I would reccommend something simple and easy to fix on the road. Big 3 half ton or some sort of VW lol. Toyota Corolla would be fine too.

davfoto

Reaction score
lol yeah I could probably get a Corolla up there with a lot of throttle manipulation and maybe a lift kit haha. Well I do plan to do a little bit of Moab, Zion and other parts of Utah, Cali (Alabama hills, Death Valley etc) Plus I need the space and comfort also.

I do come from the overlanding world a long time ago, I used to have an 01 4runner on 35s, front and rear ARBs, custom Tcase with 4.7:1 gears.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey! I like my almond! :bootyshak

:beer: Different strokes for different folks man. I will never in my life own a car with a Tan interior. Some interiors I find ugly but I would take any interior in any color but tan. Most tan I can stomach was the tan that is with the Arabica interior I had in my LR4. Plus, I wear dark jeans and have 2 dark labs. Tan doesn't really stand a chance!

That said, there is a great LR4 I have found a couple hours away from me that has the Ivory interior with HD package but I see it going worse with that than tan and can't bring myself to pull the trigger. Plus its black and I can't bear to have a black vehicle. Already have one and its annoying enough to try and keep clean.

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:beer: Different strokes for different folks man. I will never in my life own a car with a Tan interior. Some interiors I find ugly but I would take any interior in any color but tan. Most tan I can stomach was the tan that is with the Arabica interior I had in my LR4. Plus, I wear dark jeans and have 2 dark labs. Tan doesn't really stand a chance!

That said, there is a great LR4 I have found a couple hours away from me that has the Ivory interior with HD package but I see it going worse with that than tan and can't bring myself to pull the trigger. Plus its black and I can't bear to have a black vehicle. Already have one and its annoying enough to try and keep clean.
Yeah - I've almost always had exclusively black interiors in my vehicles and was sketchy on the Almond at first too. With the wood trim and contrasting black exterior it looks great. Also Almond isn't "tan" in the traditional sense. I have to say the seats have stayed much cooler with Almond vs black leather. My jeans haven't been wearing off on the leather color either but that lab hair will cover everything :)

The one you posted that had the gray/black interior was probably the worst interior I've seen - I didn't even know that existed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick