18" SE Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

carlsond

Does anyone have a line on a set of (5) LR3 18" SE Wheels.

I'm tired of trying to track down a 19" solution for good mud & snow tires and am unwilling to pay shipping to get Goodyear MT/R's from the EU.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try E-Bay, but before you spend your money you should check M/T availability in the 18". I have not seen a lot of them out there. Would you consider an A/T?? More of
these starting to pop up for the 18". Good luck.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cheapest I've seen the 18" wheels is around $200 each, but from a vendor, not from Ebay

C

carlsond

Thankd Duckdrive. Not interested in A/T since I'm looking for a bit more meat for off road.

Once I track down a set of 18" I'm most likely going w/ Nito Terra Grappler 255/55R18

Has anyone run a set of these on an LR3?

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure about the 255/55/18 size? I don't think Nitto's come in that size. Besides which, the Terra Grapplers are A/T's. Are you refering to the Mud Grapplers? Those are really cool tires!

I have the Terra Grapplers and they are great. They are 285/60/18. About 1.5" taller than the factory 255/55's, and quite a bit wider. They are quiet on the road, great in the rain, good in the sand, excellent in rocks, and terrific in the dirt.

Other opptions include the Cooper STT's, which are really nice mudders, or the ST's which are comperable to the Terra Grapplers. I have also seen The General's "Grabbers" in 18" size, and they look like great tires also comparable to the Terra Grapplers.

In the US market, Goodyear says their well regarded 18" MTR's (sort of a cross between an AT and an MT) will be available soon. Of course, they initally promised September, so....

Here is a photo of the Goodyear MTR's
http://nwoods.smugmug.com/gallery/1968224/1/100140248 This is on a buddies LR3 from Vancouver, eh?

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the way, here is a good shot of my Nitto's after a less than perfect run through a trail in Moab Utah:

100143403-M-3.jpg

Aired down to about 24psi:

100199848-M-3.jpg

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just checked the Nitto site, and yes they do have the Nitto Grapplers in 255/55-18.
But don't be confused, the Nittos as nwoods wrote are an A/T, not an M/T. If you
are looking for more "meat" on your tires this may not be the size for you, not as much rubber between your new 18s and rocks. The 285/60-18 on nwood's rig are probably going to be your best bet. Also check BFGs 265/65-18. Good luck.

Last edited:
Reaction score
carlsond said:
Does anyone have a line on a set of (5) LR3 18" SE Wheels.

I'm tired of trying to track down a 19" solution for good mud & snow tires and am unwilling to pay shipping to get Goodyear MT/R's from the EU.
I have a set of 18"s I am not using right now with 20k on the good years, I just put on a set of 20"s for looks and and to be different. If you want to trade I'd be more than willing,I like the 19" better than the stock 18" , they are the 5 spoke and are in great shape except for 1 nick where the car wash guy nicked it on the rail.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635