1st post, 3rd rover, LR3-6 purchase dilemma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

redrover

Hello to all. Hope someone can advise. I have put over 100k on both my series I, and II Discoveries. I have read many mixed reviews on the 8, but very little on the 6. I am considering purchasing a 5k program (loaner) LR3-6cyl. (leather,cold weather package) from my so far trusted dealer as soon as I sell the II. The price is right, but I welcome any advise or experience with the 6 cylinder vehicle, either new or 5k program car. Thanks in advance.

Hudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
V-6 is a solid unit. Has decent power and gets ok mileage. Good luck with your purchase!

R

redrover

Thanks Hurdy. Glad to hear that the six is solid. I have not spent much time on the site except to read the LR3 comments. I was a bit dissapointed that I did not get some more feedback on my post. Perhaps I should redirect it to the LR3 specific threads. Certainly others must have some additional experiences to add on this package. By the way, what doeas the Landy Man thing mean, and for that matter, why does my post say Roverito under my Redrover call sign? I suppose if I study the site I'll figure it out. Anyway, thanks. In the mean time, I'm getting the 2000 Disco II ready to sell. -out-

D

daytomann

You dont see many LR3s around yet. Of the ones I've seen around town, the V8 seems to outnumber the V6 4 or 5 to 1. Thats probably why you havent got much feedback. I would be interested to hear more as well. I wouldnt mind a V6 but I'm affraid I'd regret not getting the higher powered V8.

R

redrover

We drove both the 6/8 loaner/demo. The 8 being what I expected, but the 6 was more than I expected. We drove the 6 first so as not to be let down. Acceleration was fine. Was supprised to see the leveling system in th 6. I now know more about the Jag engine. Have to make up my mind this week.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4