Reading Mode 6 (and O2 Sensors specifically)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justingreene

Reaction score
2005 LR3 V8 HSE, 115k miles

I recently had a misfiring problem combined with a check engine light, so I purchased an OBD2 reader (BlueDriver) so that I could read the codes. The Error codes were throwing showing multiple cylinder misfires, which made no sense, so I did a bunch of reading and discovered Mode 6, which actually gave me enough detail to determine which cylinder was the real problem, that the others were secondary to the main problem, and ultimately that the ignition coil had failed. New coil. No more errors.

Recently I have had some nominal misfiring on a cold start, but have no error codes. Checking Mode 6 I noticed that the counters for some of the O2 sensors, which have a Min and Max of 0 and 32676 respectively are showing Values of in the 20k range. I 'think' the when the values exceed the max then the check engine light is triggered. Additionally over the last week some other sensors are also showing high counts that they were not previously showing.

I understand that some errors may be caused by other errors, and one should diagnose them in order.

Does anyone have experience interpreting this data? I have not found much about it, but it seems like it is rich information to keep the car running well. Do these values being high suggest that the sensors need replacing?

Some photos of the mode 6 display (It would not let me add them all).

Thanks,
Justin

IMG_8263.PNG

IMG_8264.PNG

IMG_8265.PNG

IMG_8267.PNG

IMG_8268.PNG

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members