Bank 2 misfire and camshaft fault after going into Sport Mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Abby_L320

Reaction score
Hi fellow enthusiasts,

I have a 2012 Range Rover Sport HSE GT Limited Edition with 128k miles.

Yesterday in stop and go town traffic, I put my RRS into Sport mode to pass someone, hit some sketchy asphalt and got the amber warning light as well as the amber check engine light on the dash, soon followed by Restricted Performance, and smoke coming out of the exhaust.

I was able to pull over at a gas station 1/8 mile later to stop the RRS. At this point its sounding and feeling like an old diesel truck, and have a very strong gas smell. I was able to run the codes with the following coming on.

P0302 - cylinder 2 misfire
P0304 - cylinder 4 misfire
P0306 - cylinder 6 misfire
P0308 - cylinder 8 misfire
P0300 - random misfire detected
P003E - intake (a) camshaft profile control performance or stuck off (bank 2)

Cleared the codes and restarted and P003E was no longer appearing but P0316 (misfire on start up) was detected, along with the bank 2 misfires still appearing.

Checked oil and coolant levels which were fine, so I limped home. Got home, and levels were still okay.

Would you just start off changing the coils and spark plugs, or is there something else that I should be looking out for? Where would you start?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72