Limp mode and found two weird connections that are not connected to anything

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the Mongoose Pro instead of the GAP IID tool for $35. I just need a laptop to connect it with and that extra $500 I save will work nicely towards one. But like everything else I'm looking at the top laptops for $4k lol.Best Buy has laptops for $350 that would work fine.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
iiD tool, and it isn't even close. If you intend on keeping your LR4 long term, or even just more than a year, it's a must. Might seem a little pricy for a diagnostic tool, but it gives you so many features and there's a used market for them if you ever sell.

I only got by without a iiD tool for my first 3 years when my LR4 was still under warranty. After that, I use it often.

greenmako

Reaction score
Did you use an OEM sensor or ebay/amazon sensor? Only asking because sometimes you can get away with cheaper sensors but the cheaper MAP, MAF, and CPS sensors tend to not work well.

If you have a GAP tool, or any OBD tool that does live data, check your short term fuel trims. If they are high at idle and correct themselves when you Rev the engine, you have a vacuum leak. That can also set a P0106
I had a few weeks of great driving and no codes after replacing old MAP sensor with new OEM sensor and cleaning throttle body. But it's now going into limp mode after about 30 to 40 mins of driving. It also seems to be slightly missing out or ruff idling but there are no codes thrown this time.
I have the GAP tool now. Is there a place to look up what normal fuel trim reading should be? Or any other diagnostics I should be checking? The MAF's are factory and originals as far as I know but would expect them to throw codes if they were the problem.

Last edited:

greenmako

Reaction score
Fuel trims are ideally 0, but +/- 10% is considered normal. That’s at idle. I’d look there first.
Its throwing new codes now:

IMG_2839.PNG

Took reading of the fuel banks

Here is idle:
IMG_2844.PNG

here is a run where I rev'd to 1500 rpm's for a short bit
IMG_2845.PNG

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members