Limp mode and found two weird connections that are not connected to anything

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greenmako

Reaction score
Hi,
Have a 2012 LR4 that has been randomly going into limp mode. If I stop the car and restart it it will usually behave and not go into limp mode again. Lately however it has been going into limp mode pretty much every time I take it out but at random times, sometimes its as I'm stopping and feels like its missing out, other times its when I'm doing 80mph on the highway and it just happens.

The code that throws is P0106, I replaced the Manifold Pressure Sensor and cleaned both MAF Sensors. After reading some solutions on the forums I took intake off to clean the throttle body but noticed that there were two connections that were not connected to anything and didn't know if they were supposed to be?

Don't know if anyone else has had this issue or could tell me about the ports down below.

I had the water pump replaced about a month before it started acting up and going into limp mode so don't know if they forgot to hook them up or if they are supposed to be like this.

here are the pictures of the two ports that are not connected. Don't know if they are bleed offs or what.

notConnected1.jpg

notConnected2.jpg

steevo

Reaction score
Did you use an OEM sensor or ebay/amazon sensor? Only asking because sometimes you can get away with cheaper sensors but the cheaper MAP, MAF, and CPS sensors tend to not work well.

If you have a GAP tool, or any OBD tool that does live data, check your short term fuel trims. If they are high at idle and correct themselves when you Rev the engine, you have a vacuum leak. That can also set a P0106

greenmako

Reaction score
I tried an eBay version but replaced them with OEM this morning, so don’t know how it’s going to go yet.

I have a cheap OBD but it doesn’t do live readings, do you have one that you would suggest?

Thanks for the help!

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you intend on keeping the LR4, an IID Tool may be a good investment. Lucky8 carries them, reach out and see what kind of deal they can give you.

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that an old picture? The throttle body is loose because it isn't bolted down. That would cause a MAF code. Air leaks along either intake channel can cause a MAF code too.

greenmako

Reaction score
Is that an old picture? The throttle body is loose because it isn't bolted down. That would cause a MAF code. Air leaks along either intake channel can cause a MAF code too.
Yea was in the middle of putting it back on after cleaning when I noticed the two ports and wanted pictures of them. Thanks I'll have to see if I find any leaks

steevo

Reaction score
I tried an eBay version but replaced them with OEM this morning, so don’t know how it’s going to go yet.

I have a cheap OBD but it doesn’t do live readings, do you have one that you would suggest?

Thanks for the help!
Like ftillier, I recommend the GAP IID tool if you plan to keep the vehicle long-term.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72