2.6k vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wrstewart

Reaction score
Hey pals,

I have a high frequency vibration in my 2012 V8 between 2.6 and 3k R’sPM. It feels kinda “wound up” in that range, I don’t know how else to describe it. I have not driven another 5.0 rover so I don’t know if this is normal or signaling a problem. The truck has 135,000 miles on it and runs fine otherwise.

Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks.

-Ricky

Wrstewart

Reaction score
Yep that’s it! Just confirmed using command shift. Now I just need to find those parts. Thanks so much!

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d speak to your local LR dealer about this and see if they’ll do it for free. It’s worth a shot. If not or that’s inconvenient then diy it :)

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a ig post on this. I got my parts, cheapest with shipping for my case, from Parts LR Paramus. I happened to have the right size thread tap in my tool chest as the T-case is not threaded. It literally was 10 minutes and made a huge improvement. Cheers

Wrstewart

Reaction score
Good thing I’ve got a set of taps. Now I just need to rationalize the cost of it. I’ve never heard of a dealer doing something for free unless it was a recall Stuart. I even had to pay $1200 for the current fuel flange “recall”.

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good thing I’ve got a set of taps. Now I just need to rationalize the cost of it. I’ve never heard of a dealer doing something for free unless it was a recall Stuart. I even had to pay $1200 for the current fuel flange “recall”.
Please elaborate.
I'm brining my lr4 in for this recall in a couple days. How'd you end up needing to pay?

My lr4 has 150k. I specifically asked about how collateral damage parts ( rust, age, etc) that may break are handled. They said they aren't responsible. Very concerning.

Wrstewart

Reaction score
I would call LR USA and get confirmation from them that your VIN falls under the recall and then work with a local LR service center to carry out the work. I don’t know if you got the recall letter but it is a two step recall.

Step 1: They will replace the failing part with a new but defective part at your cost.

Step 2: Once the new part is designed and manufactured (spring ‘22) Land Rover USA will reimburse your original cost and the dealer will put the new flange on your truck at no additional cost to you.

I called LR USA before taking the LR4 in to the dealer and they assured me that my cost would be reimbursed once the second recall letter is sent out. I would call LR to make sure you are listed as the current owner so you get the recall letters.

Wrstewart

Reaction score
Please elaborate.
I'm brining my lr4 in for this recall in a couple days. How'd you end up needing to pay?

My lr4 has 150k. I specifically asked about how collateral damage parts ( rust, age, etc) that may break are handled. They said they aren't responsible. Very concerning.
I just read-read your statement. There was no collateral damage when they replaced my flange but if something did break it probably needed to be replaced soon anyway. I would not expect the cost of some bolts, fuel line, or even a new fuel pump to deter you from getting the issue fixed. In my case fuel was dripping onto the ground every time I went for a drive. Good luck.

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would call LR USA and get confirmation from them that your VIN falls under the recall and then work with a local LR service center to carry out the work. I don’t know if you got the recall letter but it is a two step recall.

Step 1: They will replace the failing part with a new but defective part at your cost.

Step 2: Once the new part is designed and manufactured (spring ‘22) Land Rover USA will reimburse your original cost and the dealer will put the new flange on your truck at no additional cost to you.

I called LR USA before taking the LR4 in to the dealer and they assured me that my cost would be reimbursed once the second recall letter is sent out. I would call LR to make sure you are listed as the current owner so you get the recall letters.
Weird. None of that was relayed to me when I made my service appointment.

I also don't have a failing flange, so I don't want to pay out of pocket for a temporary fix to a non-issue.

Honestly, my dealer has left me with alot to be desired through this recall process.
I called lat Sept to schedule the service and was told parts wouldn't be in until early December and they would call back when parts are in stock.

I called early December and was told a service advisor has to make the appt. Service advisor never called back. This happened 3x.

On 12/19 I finally got an appt scheduled for 1/15. At the time of scheduling I asked to have them confirm that the parts were there. The person scheduling also seemed unaware that a service advisor needed to make the appt. They also doubted me that my car needed the recall because it wasn't in their system. I assured them since I had the recall letter with my vin in my hand.ibrecived an email confirmation of my appt, with the wrong recall number listed.

I've since called 3x. 1x to correct the requested service(recall number) to be updated, and 2x to get confirmation of the parts in stock.

I've yet to receive confirmation of parts in stock. They won't return calls.

Now you saying this about paying for a temp fix. LR, or at least my dealer, sucks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut