2003 Freelander SE - Interesting Fault - Need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

blueintr

New to the forum. Have an interesting problem and could use some suggestions. I have a 2003 Freelander SE. Been driving it for about 2-1/2 years with relatively few problems. I now have my daughter (with driver's permit) driving the car and she can cause an interesting fault sequence that I can't duplicate. The problem seems to occur starting from a dead stop (trafficelight situation). The fault causes the Traction Control fault light and, hill descent light fault light to illuminate. I also get an alternating 'F' and '4' showing where the gear indication is on the dash. In this condition, the car will accelerate very sluggishly - almost like it is not in 1st gear. The fault will reset by turning the car off and then turning it on again. I have had the car to the dealer and so far have replaced a battery and the computer unit (and cable) for the transmission. This morning the fault occurred again. Any ideas??

Harry Hansen

Hudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
F4 is limp mode for the trans. It is stuck in 4th when this is happening. Sounds like a trans to me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo