2004 Discovery G4 Front Aux Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G4 Driver

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with factory auxillary lighting? Mine is inop! The switch (not lights) illuminates at odd times (ie when the engine/ignition is off...weird). However, it does not activate the Hella?? lights that came as part of the G4 Pkg. (checked all circuit breakers, but not sure if the actual dash mounted switches are prone to failure)

Just trying to tie up loose ends before I put my beloved baby (of 8+ years) on the market.

If anyone is interested, it would be great to sell it to someone who will actually appreciate it.

Land Rover Discovery G4
Tangiers Orange
84,000 Miles
Annapolis, MD

Last edited:

wolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This sounds like the trelay might be at fault and/or the ground coming from that relay; switches lighting-up when they should not in a relayed system is normally traced back to a relay gone goofy (at least, that has been my experience).

wolf

Does anyone have any experience with factory auxillary lighting? Mine is inop! The switch (not lights) illuminates at odd times (ie when the engine/ignition is off...weird). However, it does not activate the Hella?? lights that came as part of the G4 Pkg. (checked all circuit breakers, but not sure if the actual dash mounted switches are prone to failure)

Just trying to tie up loose ends before I put my beloved baby (of 8+ years) on the market.

If anyone is interested, it would be great to sell it to someone who will actually appreciate it.

Land Rover Discovery G4
Tangiers Orange
84,000 Miles
Annapolis, MD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM