2005 LR3 oddities

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Noir

Reaction score
Ok, went to check on some things on the LR3 and plugged the gap tool in, truck was in on position. Right after I plugged the tool in the hazards flashed, suspension lowered, F on dashboard, all kinds of errors. Truck won't start, turn key off, remove gap, truck starts but all the warnings there. What is that about as the last time I ran the tool, they did not exist and seems like gap and the lr3 are fighting. Had to disconnect battery and let it sit, then check engine was on, drove it some, came back, turned off, then on, check engine gone. Anyone seen this happen?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"truck was in on position..." does that mean the engine was running?

Noir

Reaction score
no, according to the pdf you can have it in the on position, right before start or have it running. Tried both ways, neither worked this time. Not comforting on a $500 item if it kills using the vehicle.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only time that has happened to me, well.....a few times on two different LR3s, is when I foolishly plugged the IIDTool in while the engine was running AND the battery was weak.

Noir

Reaction score
huh, battery is good, when i first used the tool the week earlier, no issues, battery good, just parking brake module errors. I was showing one of my kids it so they could understand if they needed to use. Did same routine as before and jsut failed. not sure i want to try again until i have time if i need to disconnect the battery again.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72