3rd row issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jenn 3

Reaction score
First, we've really loved our LR4. But, I am getting a bit frustrated with our third row. When we took delivery, one seat in the third row was apparently not assembled correctly. The leather of the seat portion was not folded in correctly somehow and was flopping about. We had it put back together, and we were told there was a piece that had been left out, that they fixed it and no more issues.

A year later, went to pull the loop to raise the seat and the leather flopped apart again. Fixed again, under warranty. Now, another year later, same thing. Only on the one seat though. Anyone else experienced this?

Second issue with the third row is with that plastic piece that comes up from the floor between the two third row seats and has a stopper on it for the seats to rest against when folded. They whole plastic casing came off once. While I assume it was at one time securely in place, it now only rests in place but comes right back off when bumped.

Third issue, the spring mechanism on the other seat from my leather issue has somehow malfunctioned. It stopped accepting that metal peg to secure the seat portion in the folded postion. Needs replacing. Seems odd to me to have had so many issues with little technical stuff like this. We've own many SUV's and not ever had such issues with the third row.

Any similar problems out there?

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No issues here either. Then again, I rarely use my third row.

jenn 3

Reaction score
We use our third row continually. Seats are up everyday for use, but down when I got to the market or for hauling extras, which is at least weekly that I am flipping the levers and moving the seats.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never had an issue with the third row ever. Not on my 2008 LR3 nor on my 2010 LR4. It is possible that you got a bad seat, keep complaining until you get the problem fix.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72