'98 Range Rover 4.6 will not start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

diolmaker

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Newbie here. I just picked up a '98 Range Rover yesterday (61k) and drove it 350 miles home in sub zero weather to have it not start today.

During the trip it was turned on and off numerous times with no problem. The seller had a dead battery prior and dropped another in its place that appears to have a charge on it.

Today (cold 10 degree high) there appears to be enough power to run all accessories and lights and I've tried jump starting too but it doesn't turn over. I've checked the cables and they appear okay. Should I start with a fresh battery? and if so what is recommended?

Okay, I just realized by searching the web what my problem might be.

Last night I took apart and removed the batteries from the remotes thinking that I would start ownership with fresh batteries today. I went to start the Rover with out batteries in the remote and nothing, Replaced batteries and tried a number of sequences found online and received beeps and blinking light on dash, but remotes still do not work and vehicle still does not start.

I guess I will try the other remote with new batteries to see if it reprograms or synchs.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum... added notes to your other post.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635