98 RR Vibration @ 55 and 70mph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

bigtimer24

Hello all,

Just an update....

About a month ago I posted a tread about my RR turning over but not starting. Well sad to say I ended up having to replace the engine and radiator. My radiator had about 25% of flow which caused my engine to overheat...needless to say total melt down...

Well, I have a new problem... Range vibrates/shakes violently once i hit crusing speeds on the freeway. I just got a wheel alignment. I even took it to a different shop and they said the alignment was fine. Doesn anyone have a clue what might be causeing this...? My tires are balanced and correct air pressure. Any ideas...? I can really use some help...

Thanks,

R

RovnP38

possibly slack in the steering box, search for this on RangeRovers.net

could also be the tires you're running, some tires' sidewalls aren't stiff enough for the heavy range rover and can deflect in normal driving conditions at certain speeds, which develops a vibration

and there's also a posibility of unbalanced drive shafts..

And while I'm at it, two other posibilites, bad/worn shocks, and then a chance that your ball joints are getting worn out.. try medium pounding on your steering rod and see if the ball joint conections move any or rattle...

that's all I can think of for now, but I suggest you try RangeRovers.net

B

bigtimer24

/update/

Looks like you were right. I had the tires replaced and the vibration was gone. I only had the tires for 10,000 miles. The guys over had the tire shop replaced them all for free. Said that the tires were defective. They said they never saw all four go bad on one vehicle, but there's a first for everything. Thanks for the info!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99