ACDelco Oil Filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrandonM7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't hesitate - the OEM filter is kind of a cheap ****, it's likely better than they are. If not, I doubt it's any worse.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let us know if saving $12 is worth it when your timing chain goes... :)

2013 MY. Shouldn't have that issue, but in all seriousness, this is why I made this thread. Just want to get everyone's opinion on this filter before I buy another one. I have 0 problems buying an OEM one if someone can prove it's better, or there is an alternative better filter.

Last edited:

armozo

Reaction score
For what is worth I use it in our 2010 LR4 and 2011 L322. Compared to the OEM and the MAHLR, it looks to be comparable. The only difference I saw is the thickness of the O rings. I have to say though that the MAHLR one looked a bit cheaper in comparison.

My local dealer had used this one https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DFBZ2S8/ref=sspa_dk_detail_8?psc=1 last time I did the oil change there.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't used this one but must admit that because of this thread, the AC Delco alternative has me curious...

Not sure if anecdotal comments are going to prove anything unless someone reports some kind of catastrophic failure. With stuff like this I would tend toward a name brand. It's not like a wiper blade, after all.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only used the OEM or Mahle oil filters as I'm still under warranty, but, as others have said, there's nothing about them that looks wowie-zowie. Pretty cheap looking, actually.

I don't know much about the oil flow pattern in the 5.0, but the one thing I might be worried about is whether greater filtration equals greater resistance, thereby reducing oil pressure down the line; and, in particular, whether that "down the line" is right up the timing chain guides' ass.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used the Wix, Mann, Mahle and OEM but never the AC Delco. They all looked quite similar. Do inspect before installing and if it doesn't feel right then don't install it. Are you sure you want to put a GM part into a Ford oil filter holder. It could spontaneously combust lol.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9