Adding 3rd row seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nigel

Reaction score
I'm in the process of looking for an LR3. Will need 7-seat capability to cope with visitors, but most LR3's that I see are only 5-capable.

So, is it possible to retrofit a set of 3rd row seats into an SE (or 2005 HSE)?

Thanks for any help!

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nigel,

It may be technically possible, however I suspect it will be far easier to find a 7-seater than to go through the trouble, time, and expense of adding a 3rd row of seats.

Just did a quick check on cars.com and 2 out of the first 3 vehicles that I looked at had the optional rear seats.

For a conversion, you need the seats, seatbelts (and D-pillar panels), maybe a rear side curtain airbag (wiring harness, ECU reprogramming?). Also, the 2nd row of seats is different in the 5 and 7 seater. They flip forward 30/40/30 in a 7 seat configuration.

Here is a pic with seats removed :

2.jpg

D-pillar on a 7-seater showing seatbelt and airbag location:

rearspeaker.jpg

Last edited:

Nigel

Reaction score
Thanks for the info JackMac - will have to see what becomes available!

vladyshka13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought mine SE-7 on ebay. Got a really good deal. Autotrader is another source to search.

xconcepts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can wait until June or so I will have my 05 LR3 7 seater back in the US from being stationed in Turkey I'll be selling. Will have less than 50K on it, fenders color matched to the blue body paint(unlike the black fenders), backup cam with mod to add dvd to Nav unit. No problems or damage. PM me if you want more info.

maryflint

Reaction score
wow, I didn't know that a new row of seat can be added in my SUV. Anyways, Thanks for this info.

Last edited:

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try looking in Utah--It's not that far from Texas, right? People out here have lots of kids, so almost all of the LR3s I see here are 7-seaters ;)

Russellr

Reaction score
Nigel, Just yesterday I purchased our new 07 LR3 (and comprehensive warranty). It sounds like you just need to purchase the 7-passenger instead of trying to retrofit. I searched for a month, drove 6 LR3's until FINALLY the 7-passenger with the right color combo and options came up. I am in the DFW area, so there are lots to choose from. My advice is to be patient and wait for the perfect LR that's ready to go as is! OH - all I used was Cars.com, AutoTrader.com and Craigslist (for dealers). You may want to check out palominomotors.com as well b/c they have a good supply of LRs and RRs.
-Russell

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99