After-market GPS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McAnally

Reaction score
Well the 2005 LR3 we have doesn't have a factory GPS and I'm considering picking one up before we make our move to California. I want one that will fit in the area the factory navigation is installed without being an eyesore , but I don't want to replace my head unit. Is this just wishful thinking or is there one like this out there. Also, an off road feature to the GPS would be a great plus since I'm told the possibility of going off road is much greater in Southern California as opposed to Pensacola, FL.

Dave Legacy

Reaction score
Kenwood makes a unit that is popular for what you're interested in. Search for it on disco3.co.uk as it's pretty popular on that board. I'd just get a portable Garmin w/TOPO capability. It's what I use and I personally enjoy having the dash cubby.

McAnally

Reaction score
Kenwood makes a unit that is popular for what you're interested in. Search for it on disco3.co.uk as it's pretty popular on that board. I'd just get a portable Garmin w/TOPO capability. It's what I use and I personally enjoy having the dash cubby.

Thanks! The more I'm thinking about it the more I'm thinking portable will be the way to go. My pocket won't take near as much of a hit and it may be nice to be able to move it around some. Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4