air suspension problems,

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J

justinreiss

for the last couple of days ive bnoticed the left rear has been lower than the rest of my cr,but sometimes its been equal, planning to take itin for check up i was gutted tonight when i went out in the rain and all of a sudden saw the height indicator switch was flashing top to bottom then "EAS FAULT" came up on the dash, then the flashing lights stopped and they all stayed illuminated and the dash light for suspension came on too!
i turned off and waited for a few minutes like it says in the manual,but its still the same, nothing seems to work with the air suspension!
can anyone advise of their experiences please ?
cheers
justin

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Best advise I can give is to replace the Air Suspension with Springs....

shupack

Reaction score
You've got a leak in that corner, probably a worn out bag, could just be the arirline orings. If you don't have the "slow-35mph max" message your'e ok, once you fix the fault normal operation will resume. Don't push it though, the hard fault could come at any time. Have a look at the airbags, if they're rotted/cracked it's time for new ones (stay away from the dealer, they charge 3x too much)

Spray a soap/water mixture on the airline connections at the block and airsprings, if you have a leak there you can replace the orings and trim .5mm from the line for a new sealing surface.

If you've been running with leaks for a long time your compressor might be about dead, and giving you a time warning. How long does it run and how often?

What year/mileage on your RR?

I

innercityjson

the same thing just happen to me, but my lights say slow 35 max can someone please help ?

S

samsly

Mine used to do the same thing, changed to coil springs... and now I am loving it better. Although I do miss the up and down of the air suspension. The worry of having to spend nearly 5k to get a new air suspension added to the RR is out of my system!

R

rishi

You will need to get a readout from the EAS with a testbook or rovercom to really know what is wrong. If you can hear hissing when you stop and she sinks down quickly you can be pretty sure the air springs are wasted. You can get replacement bellows and I believe that it is a fairly easy job to fit them. Replacing the bellows is far cheaper than converting to spings.

Regards

Rishi '95 RRC LSE

shupack

Reaction score
samsly said:
Mine used to do the same thing, changed to coil springs... and now I am loving it better. Although I do miss the up and down of the air suspension. The worry of having to spend nearly 5k to get a new air suspension added to the RR is out of my system!

you can overhaul your EAS for about $500, not $5000, just stay away from the dealer...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo