Anyone Interested In Group Buy: Sump Guard For the Discovery 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Neild

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It only arrved yesterday!!!!! Will leave tomorrow with the ladder. **** will be posted foc when it arrives mate.

tomasesto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tomas, are you talking about the wrap around tubular nudge bar you have on your car? If so you might be able to adapt it but I would have to look closer at how it is attached on the lower points of the bar to be sure.

It is the same as the Mantec version in that respect at the moment as it covers the lower mounting points the LR brush bar would connect to unless they have made changes from the last photos I saw. You would have to cut some holes in it, maybe just a couple bolt holes from looking at the nudge bar instructions if lucky.

Scott

Yep I'm kinda hoping it'll be pretty str8 fwd cuz I'd hate to have to modify it so much that it compromises its function. Fingers crossed but it looks fairly good though... All else fails I'll have to fab a similar design that accomodates.

Thnx,
Tomas

craiglud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been running with the mantec plate for about a year and it has taken its lumps for sure. I will say that the aluminum once it gets bent is hard to get back to the desired shape. I actually took mine off last night to see if I can work it back into shape somehow ...

Neild

Full Access Member
Reaction score
8mm 5083 you'll need 60 ton to bend it back!

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neil,
tell us some good news. i am quite ready to get these skid plates ordered. whats the status?

Neild

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys,

We have issues here at present with Snow. We've had 12" here and usually we grind to halt with 2" - its mayhem with no roads open / shops / etc etc. So no further forward than last week. Will press on for normality next week.

Neil

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys,

We have issues here at present with Snow. We've had 12" here and usually we grind to halt with 2" - its mayhem with no roads open / shops / etc etc. So no further forward than last week. Will press on for normality next week.

Neil

Thx for the update. It is what it is. Until next week. Check PM. :biggrin:

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
understood . . . looking forward . . . hope you have fun in the snow

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member