Ash Tray

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, my ash tray came out of its place. Anyone been successful putting one back on its "tracks?" I've had a hell of a time...can't do it.

Thanks,
Houm

Lumber_Jack

Reaction score
Hmm never pulled one all the way out. Ours flew out in a car wreck last year but the truck was totaled so I never tried to put it back :)

What seems to be preventing it lining up? Are there retention tabs that need to be depressed?

Oops mine was a LR4. Is the tray location the same?

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the assembly. I took pictures of the magical steps required to retrofit it. The solution is really to replace the ashtray assembly portion in the dash. It's a common problem.

drop me a PM w/e-mail for some pictures. seeing as pic file size is too small here, and links to other sites is blocked.

Last edited:

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tlt, can you send to me as well? My ashtray hasn't gone in for a couple years now. I'll PM ya.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup, I have sent e-mails to the 2 folks who requested with about 10 pictures, etc.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in something of the same boat. We were cleaning out the LR3 and somehow the ash tray got pulled all the way out. It looks like there's a spring that is preventing the tray from being put all the way back in. I think it's the same spring that pulls it back in when the tray is properly mounted.
TLT: I'll PM you with a request for guidance. Thanks.

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add me to the list as well... Spring is not functioning. 2006 Lr3 SE

angelboing

Reaction score
ashtray stuck

please add me to the list. i use my ashtray for coins and a few of them fell behind... so now i can't close it. help!

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Send me your e-mail addresses so I can send you the information.

papiti

Reaction score
Hey, ***, can you hook me up too with that DIY for the ashtray. It seems to be a common problem for some of us. There should be a STICKY for it. Thanks!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut