Audio AUX input static - mac mini

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wcryer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have a bit of a dilemma here. I am considering putting a mac mini in my 3 to hook up to the stereo and do all of the itunes match shena****ns (be controlled through a hotspot in the car and the remote app on the iphone). Anyway, everything works pretty well, EXCEPT, the mac mini throws static on the stereo.

This makes no sense to me for several reasons. I can plug in my regular macbook laptop - no static. I can plug in my iphone - no static. So this made me think perhaps my inverter I have the mini hooked up doesn't provide a constant enough current or something weird? I ran an extension cord to the mini in the truck - still produces static.

So, assuming at this point I didn't get a faulty mac mini. I can't figure out what would be causing the static.

Does the LR3 require some higher channel output for all the speakers (its got the premium sound package)? I don't know why the iphone would be able to accomplish that and the mac mini wouldn't?

Any ideas are much appreciated, going to take it to the apple store to see if they can work any geniusy on it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo