Autobox Kickdown Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

BFPONTING

ANY IDEAS ON THIS ONE.....
In the process of changing the injection system, the kick down cable got pulled. It now does not return into the gearbox and the gearbox now behaves asthough it is in kickdown mode all the time. Has anyone out there taken an auto box apart?
Thanks. Ben

J

jpackett

Ben, Just finished a rebuild on my 1993 Range Rover ZF4P auto gear box. Kick down cable can be replaced, they aren't that expensive either. The problem is fitting one. I had my box out on the bench to do the rebuild, not sure if the cable can be done by just dropping the box down a little. This involves removing fan, Air Intake, centre Console, exhaust (below extraxtors), chassie cross member, unbolt rear prop. shaft etc. The box will tilt down, the engine swivels backwards towards firewall. This is why it is important to pull the fan off otherwise at this point it goes through the radiator. Hope this helps. I think I kept a few pictures of the box and where the kick down cable connects.
Regards
Jayson

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635