Awesome LR Flatirons Trip!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BldrRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I am sure that a lot of you already know, Land Rover Flatirons is not your typical LR Dealership. Their service and sales experience is always top notch and, on top of that, they sell aftermarket lift kits, skid plates, etc. This weekend, they put on a trip to Moab for their customers and I was lucky enough to secure a spot.

They really organized a top notch event, so I have to share a couple of the pics!!! Over the course of the weekend we ran the tame to the extreme. Here is the trail list: Poison Spider, Hurrah Pass, Chicken Corners, Moab Rim, Metal Masher, Mirror Gulch and Sand Dunes. On top of all of that, they picked up lunch, dinner and drinks the whole time. LR Flatirons represents everything awesome about the Land Rover brand and I hope that, if you have the opportunity, you can support them as a customer... I know I will!!!

Attachments

• LR Trip.jpg
    LR Trip.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 161
  • LR Trip 2.jpg
    LR Trip 2.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 153
  • Lr Trip 3.jpg
    Lr Trip 3.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 156
  • LR Trip 4.jpg
    LR Trip 4.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you had a good time. What was the cost to run with them?

Red Noland here puts on a few trips a year, but I felt it was a little expensive just to run with some other LR's. Otherwise, I've had great experience with Red Noland, especially my salesman.

Anyway how'd the LR3 handle the jump?

J.D.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...I'm so f'ing jealous right now!

I've been really busy moving my residence and haven't been off-pavement since February and even that was a really tame trip!

Soon though....

Geotrash

Reaction score
It was a great trip. Total cost for hotel, meals and all was less than $500, plus our fuel, etc.

I have to say that this dealership is one of the best run businesses I've had the pleasure of doing business with. Car dealers are usually notorious bastards to deal with on every level...as if there is a constant tug of war and lack of trust. Not these guys. Their service department has always been honest and fair with us, and I've bought 2 Land Rovers from them over the years and the sales process was always painless and fair.

Anyway, we had a fantastic time on the trip. They truly made us feel like family and the group of people who went along were all top notch, nice people to be around.

Dave

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am even more jealous as that is the exact obstacle, mirror gulch, on metal masher that i blew a CV joint on during the national rally last year!

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
front passenger. it sucked @$$. the only way i could get the truck to move was in sand mode at about 1-2mph. it took a good bit of time getting it off the trail and even longer to get a replacement part shipped into moab.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
front passenger. it sucked @$$. the only way i could get the truck to move was in sand mode at about 1-2mph. it took a good bit of time getting it off the trail and even longer to get a replacement part shipped into moab.

Do you happen to know if it was the inner or outer? I have been thinking of buying a spare for this reason however if it was the inner it looks like you have to change the entire half shaft out...

Skunkape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the shot of their orange LR3 catching air. Thats the rig they drive me to work in when I'm in for service. very cool.

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hum... not good. So what prevented you from moving? In my mind, this is a damn 4x4 and it should be able to move without a front half shaft :stupid:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM