BEWARE OF RANGE ROVER MAP UPDATE FROM "HERE MAPS"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcgrone

Reaction score
BEWARE. DO NOT USE "HERE MAP"
Bought the update from Land Rover. They use the map company "Here maps.
Got the USB, followered the instructions. It screwed up my navigation. Called Here Maps and they said I would have to make an appointment with my dealership over 1 1/2 hrs away. The company said I need a system reset. The dealer cleared and updated any faults. Sent original USB back and waited over a month to get a replacement. Got the replacement USB, followed their instructions again and it still doesn't work.
Called the dealership, service manger talked to the map pcompany representative. Map company says it's a Land Rover issue, not the map company. I now I have to make another appointment next week. Requesting a refund from the map company. Will update after the appointment

jcgrone

Reaction score
Just received a call today for Here Maps for Land Rover Range Rover Sport, navigation problem caused by this company's product, and I was told that "corporate" would not give me a refund for their map update product that has made my navigation system unusable. The first USB update was sent back per my dealership's instructions and was sent another USB which did not work either. I repeatedly asked "What was 'corporates' reason why they denied my request for a refund" and the girl I was speaking to just kept saying she didn't have an answer for me, but it was my dealerships responsible to fix the problem. That is total BS. Their product disabled my navigation which was working perfectly before using their product. My RR Sport is at the dealership now for the second time in a month and they are again trying to fix the map navigation. I will be calling Land Rover Customer Service Complaint Department this week to open up a product compliant case. I will report with any updates soon.
Again, I would advise everyone not to use this map update from Here Maps ( a Land Rover map update provider)

jcgrone

Reaction score
UPDATE
My dealership had to replace the navigation unit in my RR with a new unit. The HERE MAPS update corrupted the navigation system. Range Rover of Cherry Hill, NJ has been great through this whole process and this replacement should fix the problem, Hopefully.
I will update this post when I get my Sport back.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re the LR4, is there any option to using Here Maps, which is I gather the official LR update supplier?

My 2005 LR3 fortunately uses the CD so one has a few options so to speak. With the LR4 solid state memory design and "very proprietary" update cable, I was of the thought that one does not have any options other than the dealer.

jcgrone

Reaction score
HERE MAP UPDATE
it has been from 11/16/16 to 2/24/17 for my 2013 RR Sport navigation to be working again. After several system resets, a new head unit, new front audio control module, new front entertainment control module, new map update, new ACM, new DVD Autochanger and over 2 weeks at the dealership, the navigation seems to be working again. All of the old parts and map USB were sent to LR headquarters for further investigation. Land Rover of Cherry Hill, NJ has been great throughout this whole process. On the other hand, Here Maps won't give me a refund on a product that ruined my navigation unit and potentially could have costs me over $5,000. if my car was not under warranty.

Rick Parrish

Reaction score
Hey jcgrone thanks for your posts on this. You've saved me some big headaches, since I was considering buying this. Now there's no chance.

Gary Beddows

Reaction score
Hi, I'm in the same position after using Here maps, the download has failed and now I have no sat nav, Here maps are saying its a hardware fault, so relinquished all responsibility, save yourself a world of pain, don't use Here map USB update.

doc5339

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just received a call today for Here Maps for Land Rover Range Rover Sport, navigation problem caused by this company's product, and I was told that "corporate" would not give me a refund for their map update product that has made my navigation system unusable. The first USB update was sent back per my dealership's instructions and was sent another USB which did not work either. I repeatedly asked "What was 'corporates' reason why they denied my request for a refund" and the girl I was speaking to just kept saying she didn't have an answer for me, but it was my dealerships responsible to fix the problem. That is total BS. Their product disabled my navigation which was working perfectly before using their product. My RR Sport is at the dealership now for the second time in a month and they are again trying to fix the map navigation. I will be calling Land Rover Customer Service Complaint Department this week to open up a product compliant case. I will report with any updates soon.
Again, I would advise everyone not to use this map update from Here Maps ( a Land Rover map update provider)
Have you tries contacting Land Rover North America and attempting to open a claim?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut