Blue Tooth/ PTI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F

flowner

Anyone had any luck getting this setup. The list of compatiable phones that my delear gives me are few. I'm with Tmobile and they no longer sell the phones that are one list.

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my dealer install the BT/PTI and I use a Motorola RAZR-V3 (Cingular) and it works great. The phone finds the car every time and the voice commands work well for me. At first I wanted the cradle so I could use the address book. My dealer said to try the BT instead, and that I'd probably like it better. He was right. I can keep the phone in my pocket and don't lose the functionality of the center jockey box by having to plug the phone into the cradle.

A

avick

Any idea if a Blackberry will work? I can't seem to get any answers....

G

goofyMD

let me see if I understand this..

If I get a phone with BT, then I need to have my dealer install something, then I can use my phone (including the address book) without taking the phone out of my pocket, by using voice commands?

how much does the dealer instalation cost?

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer install PTI: Bluetooth phone support only. You can pickup/drop calls from streering wheel and make calls using voice tags stored in the vehicle voice recognition system. That's it.

Factory PTI: Bluetooth & cradle (with select phone). Same functionality as above, but you also can use the keypad on radio, and if you cradle your phone... phone book & call log access from the stereo head unit, phone charging & external antenna.

"Call Waiting" and "3-way Calling" doesn't work over Bluetooth, either.

If you want to check Bluetooth compatibility with your phone, drop by a dealer and try it on a demo car... even a 05+ Range Rover (same core design, different UI).

In summary, you can do a lot better/cheaper with a 3rd party solution... especially if you don't have a dockable phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tracywolf

I am having problems figuring out the Bluetooth as well. Bottom line -- if I want to use Bluetooth, do I need to have something installed by the dealer, or is the LR3 already set up for Bluetooth -- I thought I understood that all new LR3s were.

My car does not have the cradle, and my dealer indicates it is around $1000 including the phone. They refered me to this site, which has not been particularly helpful:
www.wireless4landrover.com
THey of course said if I wanted to use the "cradle solution" that I had to have the cradle installed -- the cradle gives full functionality. They were unclear if I had to have anything installed if I just wanted to use Bluetooth... there is much less functionality but more options on phones.

I tried to find info about this on the LR site -- here is what they have:
http://www.landroverusa.com/us/en/O...m?sReferrer=E_05Q3eNews_Owners_USDes_20051001
Scroll down until you get the Bluetooth guide, and then view the guide.

Still doesn't answer my question... if I buy a compatible bluetooth phone can I use it (with limited capability) without installing anything else on my LR3? Or do I need to do something else?

Thanks for any input -- And thanks for the list of LR approved phones, it really helps.
-- Tracy Jones

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't have two phone icon buttons on the right of the steering wheel and don't have the cradle dock, you don't have the factory PTI/Bluetooth.

PTI/Bluetooth is a factory orderable option. It's included on '06 North America HSE trims, but it would still be clearly identified on the window sticker. (In '05, it was optional on all trims... and only available very late in the model year.)

If you have two phone icon buttons on the steering wheel and but no cradle dock, someone has installed the more limited dealer PTI kit (Bluetooth only). But you'd probably know that... since it would cost you. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have phone controls on the right side of your steering wheel? If so, I believe the BT PTI kit is installed. If not, the dealer install for BT costs about $800 for parts and labor. With the BT you can dial numbers by voice recognition and also by using voice tags (names associated with numbers) which you input into the voice system. You need a BT phone for this. BT enables you to answer incoming calls using the steering wheel controls and to place calls the same way using the voice regognition system. The sound quality is good and volume can be adjusted with the radio volume control. Without the cradle in the center jockey box you cannot use the dial pad on the radio or access your phone's address book on the radio monitor.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4