Bluetooth mic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

packersean

Reaction score
Just joined the Land Rover world with the purchase of a 2008 LR3 HSE. I absolutely love it. One issue I am having though is that people I am talking to via Bluetooth say I sound like I am in a gymnasium. They are having trouble hearing what I am saying depite being able to hear my voice. Is there a quality issue with the mic? I pulled the overhead panel and the mic is easily accessible so I thought about replacing it. Thanks!

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Set Echo Control to Automatic

I do not know what phone you are using, however my BlackBerry 9630 under Manage Connections / BlueTooth Options / Land Rover Audio / Device Properties has a setting called Echo Control.

I have it set to Automatic. You may have the same setting somewhere in your phones BlueTooth properties and you may have to experiment with other settings.

For the most part, people at the other end do not even know I am driving around, let alone hands free.

packersean

Reaction score
I have an iPhone and checked the settings and there is nothing I can change there. Thanks for the info though. Our Lexus has Bluetooth and like you said, people don't know when I am on it.

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure one thing...dont have the volume on your end too loud. I do know that the mic picks up the slightest noise, people complain when Im on the highway or when I have my flashers or wipers on. I just think it echoes no matter what bc of the latge cockpit and glass roof. I seldom use it unless Im city driving.

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have changed out the bluetooth module with one from an LR4 - it isn't a direct swap as the connectors are different, but only 2 wires are needed. Look on disco3.co.uk for more info.

Many have said that the LR4 module helps with the microphone quality issues - but honestly I am not sure if it really made that much of a difference in my case.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BlueTooth pairing connection code?

I assume that you use 2121 as your pairing code and that your 3 is newer than 2005?

I have a 2005 HSE with what I will call the Land Rover dealer installed BlueTooth as opposed to the factory installed BlueTooth.

The dealer installed BlueTooth uses the 0000 pairing code and the factory installed, 2121 or something not 0000.

As such, in my case, it would appear that I cannot install the D4 module, or I could, but it will not work. I assume my understanding is correct, but if not would like to be corrected. For the most part, my dealer installed BlueTooth does connect to my BlackBerry 9630, but not always.

Below is the link on disco3 that I think you were referring to. Note that the link starts on page 5 of 23 pages so one can start at page 1 for the full meal deal on the upgrade history.
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic53544-60.html

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes bbyer, the LR4 upgrade is only for the factory installed 2121 coded bluetooth.

It seems there is no upgrade available for the dealer installed kit

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the LR Bluetooh sucks big time therapy group! My 2008 was bad! I had a iphone 3GS and later on a iphone 4. LR replaced the radio, mic, and $3000 of additional electronics which may or may not actually exsist in order to try to fix the problem. Long story short..... I bought a 2010..... Long story shorter...... I just have the same problems..... My solution.... I just bought the iphone 4s. I will let you know if that works or not. Funny thing is that I am driving a 2011 Kia rental and it took me 27 seconds to pair my iphone with no problems, and the bluetooth quality is phenomenal. ironic don't you think?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112