Bluetooth Upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brad Thayer

Reaction score
I just inherited my Dad's 06 LR3 and I'm finding it will not automatically connect to my iPhone.

Is there a fix for this or is it get a new stereo?

Ruper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not found any tricks to accomplish. In the mean time I am using a bluetooth adapter to the AUX port. I also tried an FM simulator that sends the BT to an empty frequency, however that, on my system had a lot of static.
The Bit@# of it all is that the AUX port is on the back of the center console, so it is a little inconvenient to plug in.
Check around here and other forums about moving the location of that port.

eloist

Reaction score
I just ordered one of these puppies up.... https://britishamericanconcepts.com/product/lrbt-1/

Once installed I'll let you know how it works... a little spendy but supposed to carry a better signal so you don't have to crank the aux volume so high...

I have one of these as well, and it's a bit spotty. Some days it's fine, other days it drops connection, plays static, and choppy audio. Couple reboots of the phone and the car usually fix it. Could be the BT unit, or could be my phone, I'm not sure.

All in all, it's a nice upgrade, albeit a bit questionable in the reliability dept.

Disco_Eric

Reaction score
I have the British concepts BT and it works great in my LR3. I spliced the microphone they give you behind their panel and ran it up the A pillar to the mic slot at the rear view mirror. Otherwise the mic input is external on their device or you need to speak through your phone that kind of defeats the "hand free" use of your phone.
Also make sure you turn the volume all the way up on your phone when listening to music on your phone. Great add on for the price. Merely push the "Aux" button and you have BT in your LR3 :)

Kevin Rappana

Reaction score
Easy install of the British Concepts panel and so far so good. Easy connection, I haven't experienced anything dropped or static yet. Good volume compared to the thing I had before. I routed the mic under my floor mat and up the A pillar and clipped it to the top trim piece of the panel. All in all pretty happy with it so far.

wheeler

Reaction score
Re British Concepts BT unit, the steering wheel buttons for volume and track control don’t work, is that true?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72