Bonnet Open on 2005 LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottlr3

Reaction score
I am getting a bonnet open message where the bonnet is clearly closed. Can someone tell me exactly where to look for the switch to see if I can tell if there is an issue? Or any other ideas?

Thanks.

Royal_8

Reaction score
Look for a thred I created not to long ago. It's title something down the lines of "hood closed, warning light on" there were a few guys that posted different suggestions. I tried one of them and it work. I was having a very similar issue. Good luck.

scottlr3

Reaction score
I have located the switch. I tried blowing out the connection and where the metal tab is. It looks like the u-shaped piece attached that goes in the latch area and presses on the switch. I can activate the switch by using a wooden dowel and the switch functions correctly, message goes away. I tried to bend the switch part as the hood u-shaped piece is not pressing down enough on the switch to make it turn off the bonnet open message.

So if I put a small piece of foil in the connector area that will short the contacts and the message should go away. Is this safe, any issues?

Thanks.

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem and stopped by dealer and picked up a switch. It started to actually make the alarm go off randomly. Replacing the switch is about a two minute task. Very easy. I think switch was about $15 or $20.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4