Brake light switch fixed my problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GSMblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife drove the LR3 today in cold (for Portland!) temps. It is about 32F outside, she got 5 miles and had all the dash lights come on. Suspension fault, HDC, orange park light...

I told her not worry and just head home, I changed the brake light switch (2 min job) and all is well...

As soon as I got the LR3 in this past summer I bought the switch but forgot to change it...

Hopefully this will solve the problem..

So, to all LR3 owners, just stick one in your glove box and don't use your parking brake unless you really have too!

*Happy New Year to you all*

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your tail light bulbs also.

Also check your tail light bulbs - that all filaments are standing vertically as you can see them thru the red plastic. If any bulbs needs replacement, do your brake light switch a favour and purchase the genuine LR bulbs; their quality control is better than the parts store bulbs.

Rarely is a fault with the 3 a single fault; it seems there is always a second problem to resolve as well.

But yes I agree, cooler temperatures seem to be when the brake light switch starts to act up. I am now going into my third winter of no false messages now since I replaced the switch. I am thinking that I should purchase another switch as a spare. Somehow I doubt the new switches are significantly different than the original switches so I expect maybe four years might be max out of a switch.

http://www.**************/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=5082

Replace the **** with disco3 co uk and insert a period in each of the two spaces.

GSMblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am definitely going to buy a new switch and a couple of bulbs to store in the glove box! A cheap and easy way to stave off some issues when out and about!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112