Break Lights wont come on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Royal_8

Reaction score
I checked the fuses and the bulbs. All are good. I seen in the Land Rover Book it says there's a fuse for the break lights in the rear panel in the luggage compartment. But I haven't been able to locate that particular fuse. Also, on the radio display screen, I get a low battery voltage.. any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the brake pedal switch is known to go wonky. I would start there. Are you sure the radio isn't going into low power mode since the key is turned off?

Royal_8

Reaction score
I'll check the switch. Is it right behind the break peddle? But you can be correct about the radio. I last seen it POP up when the key was off.

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep it cuts power to the amps to keep them from draining the battery. The switch should be above the pedal and I think it just twists a quarter turn to come out but do a search to be sure. I haven't messed with it first hand on the LR3 though I have done the same deal on my Audis.

Royal_8

Reaction score
the brake pedal switch is known to go wonky. I would start there. Are you sure the radio isn't going into low power mode since the key is turned off?

Well, just an update. I check the switch as recommended, it turn out faulty. Went to the dealer to purchase a new one, switch it out and it worked perfectly. Fix all the warning lights and small issues it was having. Thanks for thr advice.. its been fun working on the LR3 and learning a new system as I go.. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rendak