Broke a light cover..... can’t seem to find any.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MW3Designs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got over zealous at the gas station tonight, and started to mess with the off road driving lights that are bumper mounted. I noticed the lswitch on the console opposite the parking brake, had a fog light with a 2, so I assumed that was the right switch. Pressed it and nothing happened. Seems that there is a small indicator light on the switch that doesn’t light up. Most likely a fuse? I didn’t install these so I’m not sure where they might have tapped the power feed on these or if it’s a factory integrated deal, the switch sure fits nice.

With that said I tried to remove one of the Land Rover logo’d covers and it broke into pieces.... kick in the nuts that the glass lense was cracked too, so now I can’t even cover it up.... Anyone know a source for these same style covers? I can cover it up until I figure out what I can replace them with, most likely some type of LED?

a0d2571279c6291180b27dcc3da6dbe0.jpg

0d0c421f2ecf9f0ed8679eaf130d03d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the OE light switch that was an option, and I think those are the OE lights.

You can probably replace them with pretty much anything LED, as I'm guessing they draw less power than the originals. No idea where you can get those covers.

MW3Designs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked them out in the daylight and they are PIAA 520/40 style lights. I guess my main concern is utilizing the original mounting setup. If the PIAA LEDs have the same mount, then its a no brainer. Of course I was able to find the covers on their site, but they are sold out, I'm thinking discontinued.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any idea on where to buy the switch itself (Integrated into the parking brake switch)

Would love that for when I add some lights.

MW3Designs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't figured out where they are wired yet, maybe I am looking too hard. Tried following the wires from the light into the grill, but it goes into wire loom that looks OEM. So maybe I am looking to hard, I will check the fuse names again in the manual, maybe it has an actual fuse location that says driving lights. Could it be that easy?

MW3Designs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just figured out the switch to turn the driving lights on. After checking fuses, I found both cigarette lighter and aux 12v were blown. This is usually the case on older cars cause there weren't any USBs to charge your devices, and had to use plug in bluetooth adapters, from all that jiggling and wiggling people usually short them.

After fixing the fuses I thought for sure that would be it but they still didn't work... so I started trying different combinations, lights on, fogs on, high beams on, and boom that was it. In order for that fog 2 switch to work the high beams must be on. Would be cool if I could use them without the high beam, but hey I'm happy I figured it out. Now I just need to find a replacement lens for the 40 Series light or replace them with a newer style LED.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can probably configure them to work whenever you want if you had the IID tool.

I know the OEM config is that you cannot have both the fog lights and high beams on at the same time, but you can get rid of that restriction with the IID tool.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72