Brush guard/aux light setups.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets see some people's front ends. Here is mine. OEM wraparound style brush guard on clearance from land rover. $160

Hella 500s from amazon.com. $70

Mounting brackets from teakatrucks.com. $40

Add in a few hours of my time and drilling into the bumper of my truck. This is the result:

hella.jpg

Not too bad for $270.

Last edited:

DCLR3

Reaction score
Setup looks good. Something I would like to accomplish as I have the pieces. How hard was it to mount the brushguard?? Its holding me back. Nervous about putting two good size holes in my car.

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ummm well I had to take a deep breath and grab my balls before I went drilling into the bumper of my newly purchased rover, but once all was said and done it was easy.

You will need a 33mm hole saw which is kind of hard to come by I used a 1 and 1/4 inch which worked. Putting the holes exactly where they needed to be was a little tricky but you can also file some if you need to.

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Putting the holes exactly where they needed to be was a little tricky but you can also file some if you need to."

Couldn't be more true. I measured exactly to land rover's instructions and missed the threaded hole in the bumper support by a good inch. Take your time and have a steady hand when drilling, and if you miss the mark, just use some black putty/sealant (Home Depot should have something for it) to blend in the excess gaps.

krizza91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this sounds stupid, but is there any way possible to see where the threaded holes are behind the bumper before drilling? from underneath maybe? taking something off perhaps? I just got one of these and everyone that i've read about that has had one factory installed complains about the big ole holes that had to be drilled because the 70 mm or whatever they tell you to measure down hasn't been accurate. I'm kind of **** about my vehicle and I just know that will bother me.

krizza91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this sounds stupid, but is there any way possible to see where the threaded holes are behind the bumper before drilling? from underneath maybe? taking something off perhaps? I just got one of these and everyone that i've read about that has had one factory installed complains about the big ole holes that had to be drilled because the 70 mm or whatever they tell you to measure down hasn't been accurate. I'm kind of **** about my vehicle and I just know that will bother me.

DCLR3

Reaction score
Krizz,
How was the rest of your install? We are supposed to have some warmer weather this weekend and I am thinking about cutting some holes.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another alternative.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM