Brush Guard for LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ndrenfro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody here have, or have seen, a good looking wrap around style brush guard for the LR4? I like the LR version for the LR3 but it doesnt appear to fit the LR4. Anyone have any suggestions? I have seen the ARB but would like something more like the LR version for the LR3. Thanks.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you like the push bar for the LR4? I think it looks ten times better than the LR3 version. But I have yet to see real life photos of this new push bar on the LR4... I want one, but will wait to see one more in the real, not a LR ad. And I definitely want the light guards (you can order them from the UK,) Hella driving lights, and of course the rear light guards.

ndrenfro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen it but am not crazy about it. I guess i want something that looks more substantial. I agree with you on the other items. Those are all on my wish list, along with a winch and rockers.

Land Rover Joe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ndrenfro, Land Rover Joe again-

Several LR4 owners have apparently modified ARB Bull Guards manufactured for LR3’s to fit to their LR4’s. See picture at http://www.roverracks.com/images/LRWestPalm.jpg . I even found a link for instructions explaining the process on a different site from someone who went to their body-shop and wanted to do the modifications. You have to admit that the LR4 with the custom-made ARB brush guard looks tough…. but I would not put such a heavy component on my front end without all the engineering involved to ensure it won’t overstress the frame while driving, sheer off accidently, or bend the frame in the event of an animal strike or winching job.

I have recently corresponded with Mike from ARB and this is what he has to say about ARB LR4 “Heavy Bull Bars: “We are working on a bar specifically for the North American LR4. We currently have a prototype that will be fitted within the next month. Once we determine that the install works as it should, the tooling and building process will begin in Australia. Hang in there, we will have a proper bar for that truck.” Great news for all ARB fans with LR4s!

Also, I have spoken with Andy from RoverRacks and he told me that they are also assembling a prototype heavy bumper/Bull Bar/Brush Guard. So I am really looking forward to seeing what the different companies will be putting on the market in the next 6-12 months.

Hope this helps and I am curious if anyone else has heard about some real protection for LR4 front ends.

Cheers,
Land Rover Joe

Land Rover Joe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ndrenfro,

Land Rover Joe again; great minds must think alike (or we are both just nuts).

I am reviving this stream and would like to share some new information I have uncovered. I have been seeking a real Bull Guard / Brush Guard for my LR4 for some time as I work in Africa and all the animals (whether bulls, camels, goats, people, or even other ignorant drivers) out there make some real front-end protection worthwhile. For most folks, however, such protection is probably expensive and unnecessary (it is certainly not going to help your fuel economy!)

Several LR4 owners have apparently modified ARB Bull Guards manufactured for LR3’s to fit to their LR4’s. See picture at http://www.roverracks.com/images/LRWestPalm.jpg . I even found a link for instructions explaining the process on a different site from someone who went to their body-shop and did the modifications. You have to admit that the LR4 with the custom-made ARB brush guard looks tough…. but I would not put such a heavy component on my front end without all the engineering involved to ensure it won’t overstress the frame while driving, sheer off accidently, or bend the frame in the event of an animal strike or winching job.

I have recently corresponded with Mike from ARB and this is what he has to say about ARB LR4 “Heavy Bull Bars: “We are working on a bar specifically for the North American LR4. We currently have a prototype that will be fitted within the next month. Once we determine that the install works as it should, the tooling and building process will begin in Australia. Hang in there, we will have a proper bar for that truck.” Great news for all ARB fans with LR4s!

Also, I have spoken with Andy from RoverRacks and he told me that they are also assembling a prototype heavy bumper/Bull Bar/Brush Guard. So I am really looking forward to seeing what the different companies will be putting on the market in the next 6-12 months.

Hope this helps and I am curious if anyone else has heard about some real protection for LR4 front ends.

Cheers,
Land Rover Joe

ndrenfro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe, I think we're prob just nuts. At least that is what my wife says!
Thanks for the research update. I look forward to seeing what these guys come up with.

Land Rover Joe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ndrenfro,

No worries and I will let the group know if I find anything out later down the road.

And yes....just plain nuts.

Land Rover Joe

Selden61

Reaction score
Any new news?

Winter driving here in colorado affords too many front end accident opportunities. Anyone know where we are on the Brush bar for the LR4?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72