Can you add front sensors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drewman75

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Quick question. I don't have the HSE, so I only have the rear parking sensors. The wife drives the rover on occasion and has exactly zero depth perception and is constantly bumping into things when parking. Mostly public garage walls. Ughh. So I was wondering if anyone knows, if I can simply order a new sensored front bumper through the dealer and would it only be a matter of them installing it and switching something on for it to work? Or is it basically not pre-wired to work and much more involved? I figured I would ask here and see if anyone knew the answer or have had this done before I queried the dealer. Thanks.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sensors dont come with the bumper. Infact you may be able to install the sensors in your bumper. I think you will also need a new control module (and to have it enabled by the dealer).

You might be able to find some one willing to switch bumpers with your for some $$ (assuming your wife hasnt beaten yours up already). A LOT of people with the front park assist endup having it disabled. Too many false alarms.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ngomac